- This extension requires registration to download.
Based on our combined experience, we have created probably the best tool to present articles for Joomla!
A huge number of options and possibilities for formatting makes News Show Pro GK4 a complete tool for making attractive www pages content.
News Show Pro is useful for preparing simple structures for individual articles, as well as complex arrangements for multiple articles and a list of links.
In comparison with NSP GK1, GK4 brings a few changes:
- Support for K2 component
- Support for redSHOP component
- Support for K2Store component (Joomla 1.5 only)
- Support for JComments (Joomla 1.5 only)
- Support for VirtueMart
- Module management options in administrative panel totally converted
- Image cropping
- Portal Mode
- Support for K2 component allows the user to choose between using a standard Joomla! article manager and K2 component for more interesting possibilities.
By converting module management options, its support is more convenient and easier. Except grouping options in subject groups, a few simple solutions were added which makes module support clean and neat.
Such changes were implemented:
- Support for avatars authors from gravatar.com service
- Editorial content of informative part of an article
- Two blocks for content connected with informative part of an article
- Improvements in the field of specifying word/symbol limit in article elements
- More types of caching articles and links
Changelog - version 3.0:
- Added support for VirtueMart 2
- Added support for Joomla! 2.5 article images
Changelog - version 3.3.1:
- Added support for K2Store
- Added support for the responsive templates
- Added new portal mode - Responsive News Gallery
- Initial support for RTL
- Option to wrap the content in the separate block
- Module efficiency enhancements
Changelog - version 3.3.2:
- Added new portal mode - Speakers, created for the new Fest template
P.S. It would be nice if the developer allowed posting to their community forum even without current paid subscription...
In case you want to improve, show video, gallery and attachement icon when published in k2 so reader knows this article has extra media.
If they keep up the good work, this will be number one choice displaying news frontpage.
So let's say you have 2 modules set to display on front page only, and you have news show pro set to display on front page only as well. Well when you click on an article in the module, it will show the whole article but also all other modules set to front page. There should be an option to disable that, or if it is not possible, then it shouldn't be that way by default.
I personally usually want to just show the full article without other modules, and this module acts as if it always on front page.
Described problem isn't related to our module but to your menu structure - probably you have no menu items for the articles showed in the module what cause that the article is showed on the frontpage instead of the other page without the other modules.
Described problem isn't related to our module - it is connected with your menu structure - probably you have no menu items for the articles which are showed in the module. It causes that the article is showed at the frontpage instead of the other subpages without the other modules.
Anyway i have a little problem with it, using together with k2 component.
When News Show Pro GK4 pulls articles from k2 category, it tooks the same article but with different url; i'd like to have the same url for the article, both in category and in News Show Pro GK4.
How can i have the same url of the category article also in News Show Pro GK4 article?
thank you very much.
How do I get the 'Read More' to open the actual article in it's own page please? Even if I could reduce the size of the display area below that would be good. Perhaps make it scrolling.
Thank you for review ;) About your question, did you try adding your category source of the articles on your main menu?
I tweaked stuff (it is so incredibly customizable - there were a couple times I said to myself 'hmph, wish I could do that' - and sure enough it was actually there), and more stuff and more stuff and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.
- easy to use
- tons of customization
- Layout and menus are very easy to understand
- My only gripe is that I can't integrate jReviews, but such a thing is not to be expected with so many extensions floating around.
Thank you dev team.
Thank you for your nice review. jReviews is excellent component and it might be possible in future to provide support on News Show Pro GK4. That would be an excellent feature ;)
The reason I write this review is for primarily 2 reasons:
1st- Gavick as usual has produced an outstanding extension.As usual. :)
2nd- I want to request all developers (this is not a reflection on our Developers Abilities, they are very talented and dedicated, full stop.)to get moving and get abreast of Joomla 1.6 and 1.7.Fact of the matter is that 1.6 / 1.7 compatible extensions represent a minuscule percentage of the available extensions.
Request the Moderator to let this review pass with the 2nd point included. Thank you
The only reason I didn't give this a five star rating is because video thumbnails aren't supported. :(
Thank you for the nice review ;)
Did you try disable "Clean (X)HTML" option on "Additional Settings" panel?
aidanews2 is better, there is absolutly no pagination, but it is free too.
Thank you for your review. You have pagination, counter, arrows, arrows with pagination and arrows with counter... you just need to select which one you like on "Articles layout" and "Links layout" panels ;)
Thank you ;)
All our extensions have language file support, so you can change it on the respective language file.