- This extension requires registration to download.
• Sort articles by their created/published/modified dates, the article's ID/title/ or sort order, and set the sort direction by descending, ascending, or random
• Limit the number of articles to be displayed
• You can select to skip the first item
• Select one or multiple categories to pull articles from
• Custom module CSS class suffix
• Enable / Disable article title
• Limit the characters in your article's title
• Enable / Disable article title url
• If article url is enabled you can select to link to that specific article or the category in blog layout
• Enable / Disable article content
• Limit the characters in your article's content body
Category Image Options
• Enable / Disable the category image, if an image has been assigned to the category, in the category's settings
Created by Options
• Enable / Disable article Created By: FULL NAME
• Filter articles to only show articles by a selected user’s ID
• Filter articles to display all articles except the user’s ID selected
Read More Options
• Enable / Disable the read more link or set it to auto
• Change the "Read More" text
• Enable / Disable the articles create date
• Select a date format, there are 11 different formats to choose from
• Custom date format field
• Enable / Disable the YouTube feature, if enabled, it will look in the article for links to YouTube videos, if one is detected it will automatically embed the video for you
• Set the video play's width
• Set the video play's height
• Enable user's avatar
• Enable avatar link to user's profile if their avatar is enabled
Article Layout Template
• This is the HTML Template code that controls the layout of each article item displayed within the module, view our help page for a full list of tokens that can be used within this field
• Enable / Disable the article's title / content overflow indicator, i.e. "..." at the end of the title / content if you have set to display a set number of characters
• You can create a custom overflow indicator if you do not care for "..."
• Enable / Disable stripping of the HTML of the article content body
• Module prefix HTML, you have the option to display custom HTML before the module
• Module suffix HTML, you have the option to display custom HTML after the module
I bought this "Swiss army knife" article module for article display versatility. I managed to come up with a purpose it wasn't designed for "display/feature just one specific article" I found this out from a speedy reply of my support ticket I made shortly after buying it 5/30/2013.
The developer responded "The module can select random articles, but it was not developed to select a specific article out of the box. However, I will look in to getting this feature added this weekend for you." - I say, how cool is that?
True to his word Sunday of the weekend he notified me of the updated Version
1.4.0 (update on Jun 2, 2013) was available to download!
Plus, the limited time I have had to play with this extension, it lives up to its billing... obviously I know that any future support if needed will be above and beyond...it does not get any better than this! - BOSS
WOW, thank you so much for you kind review Boss, and thank you for buying from me.
Thanks so much for the purchase, and the review, please let me know if you have any issues or need any other features included.
Thanks so much for the purchase, and the review, please let me know if you have any issues.