It's use his own component to manage the news and it's modules to display them.
The module is inspired from News Show Pro GK1 from www.gavick.com with the same design.
13-juin-2012 : Jed change
09-may-2012 : Add new language system of joomla 2.5
09-september-2011 : New version joomla 1.7 (1.6) compatible. now i use package installation. Just install with one clic. The version is now 2.0
1) save and new option when making news
2) Insert image option (same one you get on the bottom of article manager)
3) Overall it would be better if it pulled articles from a specified category and read more option after a set amount of words, like this is a bit of a hassle and also as I said the "news manager" is quite poor
The steps are all laid out in the installation directions but it's longer than most. So, if you rush through it (like I did the first time) you can miss some important step and have to hunt to find your mistake.
Some improvements to implement :
1) add the ability to join a photo to the news, this photo being on the right/left of the News title
2) add the start/expiry date to allow the webmaster to prepare the news in advance so that they will show from the right date, and cleared after the expiration occurs.
3) add a button "read more..." associated to a link
4) choose the style of the title and of the text (without having to go inside the css)
Support is very fast indeed, Stephane is doing a good job. Great.
I, you can specify the height with this new version 1.04.
Installation was a breeze, two parts: component first, then module. The concept is also great. Having a totally separate news table keeps things simple and the pagination/navigation works like a charm.
This component/module is perfect to display quick info clips such as announcements or bulletins for any site without having to mess with the article/category/section complexity.
And configuration is flexible enough as to make this useful for many applications.
This is great. Thanks!
I encountered a small problem so I emailed the developer and he immediately offered solution. I don't know how to thank him!
A suggestion: perhaps you could add the option to show more than one news at once, like a grid of 4 or 6 tiny news. I could really use sth like this on my site.
Using this extension one can create customised preview displays of several joomla articles and show them within a neatly framed module as a hyperlinked animated slideshow.
The previews are created using a Tinymce type editor that allows you to format a decent HTML page with embedded images, and hyperlinked text.
The hyperlinks can even open within jcebox type popup if the JCE plugin is installed and active.
All in all this is a nifty extension that will address the needs of many joomla designers.
One problematic issue for the author's attention :- When I tried to embed a flash animation in one of the news previews, using the media embed tool of the editor, the preview just removed the flash object embed code after the Save button was clicked.
Is there any way to solve this problem and enable insertion of a flash movie within the previews ?
Thanks for the superb extension anyways !
Sorry for the response delay.
You can try the new version 1.02, i solve the problem
Lets me know.
I tried most of the non-commercial alternatives available and this one was the best. It's very easy to set up and it has the exact features I was looking for, including the ability to format the text that will appear in the module (linebreaks, bold text, etc. - even images). I'd like to thank the developer and I highly recommend this extension!