- This extension requires registration to download.
Support for responsive template
Content control display from any section, category or article ID's
Support for K2 component
Scalable size of the module
Horizontal and vertical news presentation (columns and rows configuration).
Show text, image, author, date, section/category name and button "read more" option, with order customization.
Included French language.
On/Off front page articles display in modules
Compatibility with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0
Easy and friendly back-end administration
Fully compatible: Firefox, IE7+, Opera 9.5, Safari, Netscape, Google Chrome, Camino, Flock 0.7+.
Video tutorials and forum support provided
- Fix bug: Disable the date also disables the author
- Fix bug: Notice thumbnailAlignment var
- Fix bug: Module Class Suffix error
- Fix bug: Force Css for li tag handle
- Fix bug: Crop image problem with space in image name ok
- Fix bug: readmore button style
- Fix bug: shows unpublished articles
- remove option add css, find & load from template
- New feature: Pause Slider OnMouseOver, Continue Slider OnMouseOut ok
- Fix bug: More Fade Effect ok
- New feature: Hover Image Effect ok
- Fix bug: Missing language
- Fix bug: cannot turn off auto play
- Fix bug: duplicate images when turn off strip tags
- Fix bug: K2 not show properly in registered
- Fix bug: Items with a "Start Publishing" date (publish_up) in the future are currently displayed
- Fix stringtags undefined
- Fix language typing errors
- Remove profile tab
- Fix width auto
- Mouse hover effect works more Smoothly
- Added: looking for image thumbnail in article fulltext
- Added: featured articles Ordering
- Added: Content title link param
- Added: French language (Many thanks François ESPIE)
- Added: images & links paramaters were supported
- Removed: BT ContentSlider Router Helpers & Fixed 404 not found error
- Added: support for responsive template
- Fixed: htmlspecialchars for titles & alt images
- Added: filter by language
- Added: Auto-detect category
- Added: modalbox effect
- Changed: nextback style
- Supported Joomla 3.0
I was breaking my head to have something on the Home Page of a fully loaded article (no images) based site and this one truly worked well.
- Option to include or exclude sub-categories when main category is selected.
I was looking for a content slider that was free and could customize a lot of things. When I found BT Content Slider I was very happy that I finally found what I was looking for.
It's great that you can make sure there isn't to much text, it uses the image you have selected for the article which makes it easier. You can make it bigger or smaller, in how many items you want per row or column.
All in all it is just an amazing module that does the trick in the easiest way possible!
This Slider is Perfect, I can choose to display Content with Thumbnails Responsively, Ordered by HITS, Article ID Etc
I can customise the thumbnail sizes, display article and or category titles
I can show any number of Specific Articles via ID or hand Pick Category's excluding featured content naturally if you want.
What else? Transition and Navigation Customisation, u bet..
Module Class Suffix... yep of course.
I cant think of anything i didn't get in this magnificent module.
go for it...
BT Slider is perfect!!! I really mean it. Simple, with enough slide effects and great user manual. Thank you!
This one works like charm out of the box!
It is responsive as it says.
It is fully configurable.
It is simple to use.
Thank you for this great extension!
Every recomendation for this extension.
I was using a plugin which hadn't been updated in a while and then I found this.
The support is really great even though this is a non-commercial plugin!! My doubt was answered in less than 12hours! How good is that?
I am using another plugin from these guys too.. This extension is great with a lot of possibilities in-built for customization..
Not only does it work very well and offers many useful options, it looks great in back-and frontend!!
Nice work guys!!!
It also worked good out of the box. I had some trouble with some specialy settings I wanted and tronghm from BT forum was really helpful and solved my problem.
Thanks goes out to tronghm and BT!
+ Module's layout is fully configurable
+ It is also 100% Responsive aka RWD
+ Great control over the titles and text headers
+ Same control over the articles' images thumbnails and they look nice (also they're kept into the module's folder therefore not indexable which is what we want here)
+ Sources are also fully configurable
- jQuery version included is 1.6.4; bt_content_slider won't work with e.g. jQuery-1.7.1 which leads to duplicate libraries :/ unless you really take care of it
- Generated images thumbnails can be way too BIG: up to 32 KB for a 180x120px PNG and 20 KB for its JPG counterpart. Means that if you have 10 of them it can add over 200 KB to your page :/
- It adds three more scripts to be loaded but only from the pages where you use it.
* Jquery version: you can use versions newer than jquery 1.6.4. The module will automatically detect and prevent duplicate libraries
* Image compression: GD2 Lib does not compress images so sometime you will see the cropping image large than normal size.
* You can copy and merge them into one
2) It breaks if you set "strip html tags" to NO
3) "content link" doesnt work properly, so I have to hack it a bit to open a specific page
Other than that it's great. 4.5 stars from me!
1) Should support vertical scrolling as well.
---> we will try to upgrade it
2) It breaks if you set "strip html tags" to NO
---> This is inevitable when cutting html source, you should increase the description length or Use caption of intro image instead of it
3) "content link" doesn't work properly, so I have to hack it a bit to open a specific page
---> Maybe you missed "http://" in url
Thank you for your review very much!