Updated version now includes a search filter and is compatible with K2 Component.
Thanks for the review. I have updated the component to run on versions up to 2.5.8. New version can be downloaded at www.mytidbits.us
Works perfect on 2.5.4.. To bad it isnt working on 2.5.6 :( (Cant create a category because their is no save button) Hope that there will be a fix soon.
Glad you like the extension.
You can go to my site and download a patch file
access.xml witch makes it compatible with 2.5.6.
A new version coming very soon.
Thank you very much for your comments. Glad you like Rquotes
1. When you create new category, don't know why category name is stored in 2 table, so when you change category name shown in [List Quotes] still not changed.
2. When you delete a category, all quotes in this category is not be deteled.
3. When you add new quote, default Published: No, so you need change it to yes every time you add new quote, the default shouldbe [Yes]
All your concerns have been addressed in the new version. Please download version 1.5.4 now available.Thank You
So easy to use, everything was laid out in a straight forward way.
Maybe package the module in the main download? But link to module after installation of the component was clearly given and easy to follow.
It would also be cool to display quotes from more than one category, using the module.
Thanks again, very good and useful extension
Thank you very much for your comments.
and easy to configure and it does it's job magnificently.
Just two minor remarks:
1. It would be nice to have an option with which you could select to show or hide the description "Type the text to appear after the page title". Erasing the default description text does not hide the description, it is reset automatically to the default description text. The only way to hide the description at the moment (using RQuotes v1.5.2) is by editing one of the source files.
2. I'm not giving this component an excellent rating :-( because I submitted a (minor) bug report a few weeks ago which I haven't had any feedback on since then.
Thank you for your remarks.
The 2 minor problems have beed solved. Please download version 1.5.3
But stills a great component.
Only two features I'd love to see:
1. Import/Export of your quotes from/to DB and Textfile (I have a shit load of quotes, but I'd prefer to change them to a text file so it's easier to add more and apply on the fly, but redoing it would mean a lot of c/p and I'm a lazy dude).
2. Be able to choose more than one category so we can use the categories for sorting the different quotes but still displaying multiple categories of choice.
Thanks for the review.
One of your concerns has been added to new version. That is choose all quotes. Please download version 1.5.3.
I will see what I can do when I get a chance.
Thanks for the review
Thanks for the review.Now you can select all categories in the component front end. I will be improving the module to include that feature soon.