There is also a new version 3.0.0 which will run on version 3.0 up to and including 3.2.0.
It now includes automatic updates for all future updated versions.
This is a general purpose component to store almost any information to your database.(Quotes, Jokes, Tips etc.)
Information can be entered in the back end and front end.
The information can be stylized and displayed many different ways.
Mod_rquotes version 2.5.2 runs on both 2.5 and 3.2
Thank You very much
First of all i find this extension very useful.
If we could select multiple or all categories from DB with the module instead of one category, would be more useful.
One suggestion: Change the forum title from "Fourm" to "Forum".
Thanks for your comments. Glad you think rquotes is useful.
I'm not sure why you could not register. Please try again.
I will look into your request for multiple categories.
The typo in the forum has been corrected.
Thanks again Kevin
Got this handy component and module up and running very quickly. For those having problems with getting quotes to show from the database make sure you do the following:
1) Create categories
2) List quotes under the categories
3) (If using Module to display) Select module position and set parameters to display category.
4) When you go into a quote to edit it, the bottom radio button called Publish automatically is set to 'no' - even if the quote was previously published. So every time you edit a quote, before saving make sure you click Yes to publish at the bottom of the quote or is will be set to unpublished and won't show up.
Thank You for both your comments and directions. The point about the published state has been addressed. Please download the new version 1.5.2. It will save your published state after editing. The new module version 1.5 also has many improvements
Here are my observations:
1) The db quotes does not load.
2) Apart from the db not loading the quote in the frontend module is unpublishing itself which means when you add a quote in the component for the category, it is unpublishing itself even if you select publish and save.
3) In addition, the quote title does not display even when the txt quote which works unlike the db quote, is selected.
Based on the various submissions on the developer's forum, one would have thought that the latest version fixed all the known bugs, but that does not appear to be so.
This extension is definitely very promising if all known bug can be addressed and fixed.
I will advise the developer to check the latest version and fix known bugs.
Sorry you are having problems. I will post a reply on the RQuoters forum .
My only niggle is that I wish that when you create or edit a quote it wouldn't unpublish itself.
Thank You very much for your comments. You can go to this link to see a way to save the quote published state after editing. Thanks again to you and all of the reviewers for R-Quotes. Sorry I didn't get to replay to you all.
Ufortunatelly when I switched to the option of displaying only one quote per day it stops to show any of them... I wonder why?
But anyway it's still a great thing to have on the web page!!!
Initially, I couldn't get it to work in Joomfish - but then I re-read the post and worked out that I needed to get the XML file available from the download page and included that, and now, it's working perfectly.
Thanks for a great extension!
The modules is getting more sophisticated and now that upgrade of the component does not result in lost of the database tables it is great.
I have not found problems with IE - just checked in IE8 and it looks ok
Thank You for your interest and comments in Rquotes. I hope to keep making improvements to make it better.
Thank you for the feedback Please see reply in the rquotes fourm at
Thank you for your comments.
Version 1.5rc2 has been released. This version will display all (or any number) of quotes on one page as content.Please download new version