- supports .jpg, .png und .gif
- can be aligned in your content item left, right, centered, float left or float right
- thumbnails optional below, left or right of the main image
- optional split galleries into multiple sets
- as many galleries per content item as you want
- every gallery can be configured individually (Parameter Overrides)
- optional show title and/or text with every single picture (Captions)
- optional show default title/text for the whole gallery
- optional link every single image to a different target (Links)
- optional use a default link for the whole gallery
- optional link the image to the original image file
- scale thumbnails optional proportionally or cropped
- change main image onClick or onHover
I had an issue to begin with and the developers were very responsive and helped me to troubleshoot.
One thing that would be nice would be an optional full-screen preview button perhaps discreetly placed in the corner of the image. However, other extensions from other developers that I tried that had such an option were in other ways less appropriate to my site.
Thanks very much for developing this plug-in!
I went for Very Simple Image Gallery, and I was amazed who effective this litle plugin was. It was just what I needed and Easy to config. Ok than; thanks to the step by step documentation.
I must thank you for sharing your wonderfully simple gallery with the world - for free.
I've tried a couple of flash galleries but I just can't get them to work properly. Quite few of them can't event let me use ftp to upload photos to a folder and do up the gallery from there.
Your "simple" gallery does all that and works like charm. The only thing I realised is that I think the file names can't be too long or contain funny signs like this one: '.
All in all, I think you wrote a great software and because of your gallery, I am convinced that I've made the right choice to move on from wordpress + gallery, now i only need to use joomla + your plugin.
Please continue to do up great software like this for the community.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
I would have given it five stars if there was a way to caption to each photo. that's the only thing missing.
After trying to make work-arounds for 4 hours, I found out that this problem was allready fixed by the creator by request on the post below. (Joomla should get an update notification feature :-)
I like this plug-in because it is no-nonsense, light and very easy to visually tweak through CSS. The FTP layer is an incredible improvement.
I do have one feature-request:
It would be very nice to have an editor button to insert the code. So n00b-users can easily select the right folder in images/stories. Even cooler (and quicker) would be to also manage the file upload through that button. So users can choose an existing folder or upload images to a new one.
My only problem (in a Apache/PLESK environment) is the folder rights when the plugin is creating folders and thumbs. As a feature request, it would be very nice if the plugin could use the FTP layer in Joomla! 1.5
I very much like the simplicity and fact that "Very Simple Image Gallery" is NOT using LightBox. LightBox is great for showing portfolios etc. But for a quick view at some product images, LightBox is just to slow!
Also a good â€œhow toâ€ page is available.
I tried to use the Joomla-Framework (and this way the FTP-Layer) with the current Version 1.1.2. Maybe you want to have a look at it.