- This extension requires registration to download.
- 2 type layout for category list
- 9 type layout for image list
- Fully customizable thumbnails: change their width and height as well as the resizing method (maintain aspect, disregard aspect and crop).
- High performance (AJAX driven colorbox) colorbox slideshow feature, capable of displaying slideshows for categories with thousands of pictures.
- Two different display modes on frontpage: show category list or show image list.
- Customizable Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URL's.
- HTML Descriptions for each image or each category
- The Extension show images with styles(Basic/ Tape/ Pin/ Paper-clip/ Glossy-gradient/ Cut-corner/ Round-corner/ Mask).
- Supports JPEG, JPG, PNG, and GIF images
- Many options for controlling layout and behaviour, for example number of rows and columns, Enable slideshow, etc.
- Automatic thumbnail generation, creation and renaming of galleries, caption editing, front-end configuration, etc.
- The Extension compatible with IE6, IE7, IE8, Opera, Firefox, Google chrome, Safari 4
Update V 1.1
- Multiple image uploader with resizing before upload, and drag and drop,
- Frontend uploading and gallery creation.
And it is bug-ridden, which is typical for vtem products, too.
I reported a bug by giving some screenshots. The only response that I got until today is typical default reply of vtem support. They seemed neither to read my reports properly nor to investigate the issue on their component nor to solve it.
VTEM gallery could be a 5-star-extension, but currently it earns only 3-stars in my eyes: first star minus because of bug, second star minus because of support that always starts troubleshooting on customer instead of investigating the extension precisely and because of putting customers off instead of replying to bug reports professionally.
This is not remarkable for a commercial product. I have already experienced a lot more commitment and user friendliness on support of many non-commercial products out there!