- This extension requires registration to download.
RokGallery uses design and concepts that have been traditionally reserved for platform-native applications and are for the first time making their way into a web environment.
★ Administration Features
- HTML5/Flash multi-file uploader with upload status indicators
- Multiple image ‘slices’ per image with individual zoom/crop sizes
- Custom tag-based architecture
- Interactive multi-selection via selection drag, or “shift” clicking multiple images
- Advanced compound filtering for selecting specific images
- Multiple Gallery support associated by tag
- Ajax-powered for speed optimization
- CSS3 animation effects for that desktop application feel
- Sophisticated slice editor for creating custom views of a particular image file
★ Frontend Features
- Gallery view component with various view options: 3x3, 4x4, Details etc.
- Override-able architecture to allow for custom layouts including custom HTML, CSS, JS, etc.
- Front-end selectable sort options
- Ability to “love” an image
- Image view counter
- Details view for a particular image with full image information
- Modules available include: Grid view and new Slideshow module with unique transition effects.
★ System Requirements
- PHP support for the SQLite PDO driver
- PHP support for the MySQL PDO driver
- MySQL with InnoDB support
- PHP support for PDO
- PHP support for GD2
- PHP 5.2.8 and above
The workflow is not what I think a gallery can do.
The videos are nice, the examples are easy and you wonder, what else you can do with it. The fact is: nothing else - or not much without running against walls. Forum is not much help either. Documentation? No, just some cases how to use the gallery. Want to do someting other? Trial and error.
you only see thumbs with no further information. If you have two or more pictures looking quite the same you have to click, no other chance.
You can give pictures titles and tags and search for them. Filenames are dumped, no chance to use anything from it.
At all it's quite nice for online editing, some rockettheme template feature and to use it as a simple gallery it will be quite ok, but there are better out there.
Using pictures from the gallery in articles is where my current wall is (black bars top and bottom of the thumb).
I do not want to upload the same images twice.
For example: every good gallery software should make it easy to edit captions/titles on many pics together (listed on one or several page). With RokGallery it is picture per picture and VERY time consuming.
Also, it is impossible to recreate thumbnails for vertical images in a way that people's heads are not cut off. This should be basic functionality. So, in a RokGallery with vertical pics of people, the thumbs show headless people.
It is a fact that there is not much help to be expected on their forums for the more serious problems. Some of the moderators are really nice and want to help, but for some reason the complaints don't seem to reach the 'engineers'.
I followed all the upgrades, hoping for improvement but many months later, nothing changes at all. I finally decided to delete it and use another component. It was driving me crazy.
It is sad to see how such a new promising and modern piece of software in reality doesn't work like expected.
Again, good if you have one page of pictures, but useless for big galleries. You will waste a lot of expensive time.
So cut to many months later, and a new version & I give it another try.... mostly because it makes adding and manipulating images easy for rookie joomla users (in theory) watching the demo video its looks great...in reality different story.
The uploader is so inconsistently unstable its pretty much a non-starter
If I use the drag and drop for multiple uploads, it uploads 30%-50% of the images, and not the rest...and the interface you look at after that does not display the file names so it takes forever to figure out what uploaded and what did not....and using the browse and select version of selecting files...it does exactly the same thing....it makes actually using it a giant time suck annoyance
once you get the photos uploaded the interface to work with the photos is slow and cumbersome..and adding captions to the photo on a slide show, you have no control of the position of the text....another time suck searching their forums trying to figure out how to do it & again no answers...and what I did find...did not work.
Im a fan of rockettheme products...but this one is a time suck...and it is a waste of time trying to get assistance via the forum..lots of people asking for questions and VERY few answers
The uploaded put me over the edge today.... spent WAY too much time on the forum trying to figure out the issue with no result..other than may other people asking the same questions in different ways
If you have just 5-8 photos, its fine but for anything other than that...its a huge pain in the butt.... Im off to look for something else