- This extension requires registration to download.
No more need to go in the component and go back in the article to manage images, you need just to create a pictures gallery (1 click), drag and drop pictures (1 click) from the article editor, and finally insert an image or a gallery (1 click).
As Droppics is fully managed from your editor, it works both frontend and backend in the same way. This system is perfect to work quickly and is easy for a beginner to manage single picture and pictures galleries.
Check the video demo here: https://vimeo.com/59671192
Is Droppics doing what I need? Ask a question on our forum.
** Gallery manager main features **
- Insert single picture or image galleries
- Multiple gallery levels
- AJAX navigation through gallery levels
- Create a picture gallery with lightbox in 3 clicks
- Joomla native ACL to limit access to images/gallery on backend ie. right to edit/modify own images or all images...
- Frontend ACL are driven directly with Joomla ACL ie. ACL applied on Joomla menu, category, module or article
- 6 amazing images and gallery themes
- 1 advanced slideshow theme with custom text area, WYSIWYG editor, link on text, transparent text background, thumbnail navigation
- Each theme can be different in each image gallery
- Drag and drop pictures to reorder pictures in the gallery
- AJAX image multi-upload
- Infinite scrolling to load big galleries without slowing down your server
- No need to go in the component to create pictures gallery and go back in the article
- Automatic lightbox effect on images
- Limit the size of the uploaded pictures and automatically keep an original defined size
- Auto thumbnails with a predefined size
- Display customization without CSS (rounded corners, shadow effect, margin)
- Add caption on single image
- Gallery is materialized in your editor
- Regenerate pictures from original photo
- Full AJAX powered
- iPhone, I pad, Android compatible: images can be uploaded from mobile devices folders
** Single image manager main features **
- Possibility to add automatic lightbox effect
- Add custom image size from original picture in one click
- Edit online your images: crop, mirror, rotate,...
- Apply up to 30 advanced effects and filter: contrast, saturation, sepia,...
- Add internal links with menu items or article selection
- Add custom external link
- Add a SEO file name, title, image alt on the custom image generated
- Apply border, border radius, box shadow
- Apply margin on image
- Photo alignment can be set to center/left/right position
** Integration **
- K2 dedicated plugin
- Flexicontent compatible
- Zoo compatible
- Works with all extension that allows content plugin
Stop using complex or limited extensions and get the easiest and powerful Joomla image and gallery manager now!
I look forward to the continuing development and improvements that this handy gallery has in store, as well as demonstrating to my website clients how much fun they can have with galleries!
On other side, for developers it's important that support is fast and responsive, because plugin uses a lots of advanced code, and you really need guidance if you decide to edit something there.
One minor disadvantage is that I didn't find the possibility to make captions visible on default thumbnails view, while image title is shown just fine when image opened. It seems to be the only lack of functionality, which hopefully will be added in future updates.
Support is good: there were some problems after the installation but this was fixed in a few days.
The only downside I found was the lack of control over the images. It would be better to have control over Single Images and Gallery seperately.
It would also be nice to control the style of the images and gallery trough simple CSS so you can adjust the style thoughout your whole site.
Because of the fact that this is a paid plugin which lacks features I rate it "Average", just shy of "Good".
Adding more features and better control and this could go to Excellent very fast!
Thanks for your feedback Lakota.
Droppics is the only extension to provide full support for single image AND image gallery.
Droppics single image feature is really complete and you can easily administrate a website image using Droppics. Just a word about single image feature.
- All the single images can be managed from editor
- You can generate custom sized image in one click and insert it in your editor and it’s a complete different image from the gallery image (size, file name, meta)
- The original image stay untouched on your server and keep size you've defined
- You can apply effects on an image and save it as a new image
- Links, alignment, border, border-radius is only applied and save on this image not on the gallery image
All this is about single image, any gallery using the same original image won’t be affected.
The main goal of Droppics is to stay easy to use and be a complete image AND gallery manager. Droppics will remain fully manageable from editor for image and gallery image.
Since the last update (1.4.2014) it's perfect. You have now also subcategories which makes it a lot clearer if you have many galleries.
Many thanks for this great product!!
Droppics would deserve at least 7 stars and is worth every penny and the support is also awesome.
An when I asked for a support to help me complete the configuration (I'm not specialist) the support reply 2 hours after my ticket was posted and has done the trick!
And the support reacts fast, friendly and competent.
Hi and thank for your review. I'm sorry you've had a poor experience. Our main idea is not to do everything with our image gallery but do beautiful photo gallery with few clicks and not to use css at all and other stuff. We will always keep this way: easy to use! We try to improve our component every month following the good ideas from our customers.
Our goal is to be simple and easy to use. This is a misunderstanding to think our extension should do everything. Basic and simple is not the same thing. If you use droppics you will be able to make a beautiful and simple gallery or insert some pictures in 3 clicks. Admin section is fast because it's done in ajax, in this point of view we don't understand what are you saying ?
Also i had few issues during installation in backend, it was fixed by myself. It was conflict in admin section, during installation. On few another sites had problems after installation in back end.
In conclusion extension really good and interface looks interesting, but if you have some customers which is not so easy to learn it's not a best choice for you. As result i decide to replace this gallery by another alternative solution. Didn't had a chance to try support, but i'm sure that it's ok.
Thanks for your review.
I see you like our image manager but you don't have enough time to explain how to use our component for your customer. In fact you like our component but your customer don't know how to use, can you tell me how can we fix that ?
This component is really simple and user friendly, Droppics is using a similar way as Facebook to create image galleries, and most of the users know facebook not any other image component. Another point joomla doesn't have a gallery manager, so it's normal to explain by yourself how our component works to your customer. In this case this review is not fair because we can not fix anything to improve more Droppics. You should ask support first! Best regards.