- This extension has additional addons listed in an extension specific category.
- Includes visible backlink
See demo with different features:
http://www.phoca.cz/demo/ (click on links on left side to see different features of Phoca Gallery)
Demo with tree and image module:
Demo with description and no popup:
Demo Phoca Gallery and Simple Caddy integration:
Demo Phoca Gallery and Joomla! 2.5 (1.6, 1.7):
Demo Phoca Gallery and YouTube Video (CSS3):
Demo Phoca Gallery and Joomla! 3:
Phoca Gallery 3.2.6 Requirements:
PHP - see Joomla! requirements
MySQL - see Joomla! requirements
Joomla! 1.6, 1.7, 2.5
Phoca Gallery 4 Requirements
PHP - see Joomla! requirements
MySQL - see Joomla! requirements
I was impressed of the bat. Uploading images is simple. I love that I can do it with a simple FTP Client. No zipping up images like you have to do with RSGallery for mass uploads or anything like that. very easy and simple to use.
I would suggest to the wonderful developers to support categories/sub categories, though. For the site I'm building right now it was necessary to have this function, but I've figured out a way to get around it. Its a bit more clumsy, but it will work.
A++ Gallery here!
If you want a gallery for your Joomla! install, look no further, just type phoca in Joomla extension search bar and download your copy if this great gallery. Finally, and best of all, the gallery developer is very helpful.
extensions to 1.5 rc4. A lot of extensions work more or less, others as xmap are good and nice, but your extensions is a espectacular demonstration of what we need to show here. Easy Instalation, no difficult to download (without a lot o registrations and other things), for my installation did work perfectly and if you need a translate to portuguese, i can do this, i haven´t much time, but is possible. Good luck and a lot of thanks!
installed real quick & easy to configure.
had some issues displaying full pictures,
their forum pointed me in the right direction & it turned out to be a hosting issue
[if you're with godaddy - PHP 4.3.11 needs to be upgraded to PHP 5 in your control panel]
after that was updated it all came together & works like a dream.
this products seems to be in constant development so i rekon the best is yet to come:)
if you're looking for a gallery solution - THIS IS IT.
However, it was not quite adequate for my needs because of one small omission. When viewing the photos large, there is no facility to show a title and/or a description of the photo.
When these are added, it will be awesome!
Yes, there is.
1. The title is displayed only with the thumbnail. This would be a great option for the modal or popup.
2. The modal window (which I don't use because of the IE thing) is always max-height on the screen. Adjustable? Less than max even slightly would be nice. Part of the frame is hidden if I've got firefox searchbar open.
You can add the title into a description in detail window...
You can change the modal box size
I was looking for a simple way to integrate my photos into Joomla and this is it. Very nice. Before moving to J! I had a PHP script that scanned a directory creating a sumary page of all the folders it contained and then the thumbnail view was of all the images it contained. This meant all I had to do was upload my images and I was done. This extension is as close to that as I could find.
I did notice a few bugs though with 1.1.0:
- Under IE the thumbnail view has both horizontal and vertical scrollbars which should not be there. Firefox does not exibit this behaviour:
- As already posted the popup lightbox viewer also has scroll bars under IE where it shouldnt.
Feature Requests ;-):
- Ability to set the pixel size (height and width) of the thumb nails
- Ability to specify the number of columns in the thumbnail view
- Ability to show EXIF data from images either as a mouse over (thumbnail) or with the image (thumbnail, full size)
- Ability to invoke the thumbnail generation explicitly
- Ability to download and/or email the full sized original image
- Some form of client side application that would allow you to do category creation, file upload, gallery add without having to do it manually through the J! web interface (Do you have an API document somewhere?)
Thank you for your tips.
- Ability to set the pixel size (height and width) of the thumb nails - this can be complicated because after doing changes, every thumbnails (e.g. 1000 photos) must be resized
- Ability to download and/or email the full sized original image - in version 1.1.2, there is a ability to download images with some image information
There is no API. Any help will be appreciated (How to do API from comments, help with English language while writing comments)
This multi add feature was exactly what I needed... I testet out Phoca Gallery a couple of days ago but decided against it precisely because I would have to add each image one at a time.
I find you tool to be very good indeed, but as you know - we never really get satisfied, and so obviously I also have a few pointers as to where you might focus:
1. The Lightbox popup is not correctly sized with respect to the height here on my IE7, and so a scrollbar appear. I'll go see if I can fix it myself for the time being...
2. Subcategories would be really nice...
3. An option to let the category description appear in the "Phoca Gallery Category List Layout" beneath the link to the category
4. Download option in the popup to the original image (before Phoca resized it)
5. If there's any way to speed up the thumbnail generation it would be great :-)
Regardless: Great work, Jan!! I really look forward to future editions.
The speed of thumbnail generation depends on speed of your server. There is a problem. Mostly, you have only 30 seconds to execute the script. So you can create thumbnails faster without redirection the site. But if you want to add e.g. 50 images, creation of thumbnails will be broken because of execution time. You can solve it, if you use redirection after creating a thumbnail. But you must use HTTP redirection, not server-side redirection (because there is a browser protection too - loop protection). Mostly the thumbnail is creating once far all. It is better solution than creating thumbnail on-line for every user who visits the site.