Features include, but are not limited to:
- Three image sizes: Thumbnails - Detail images - Original images (thumbnails and detail images are created automatically out of the original images)
- Manifold possibilities in the detail view: Voting, commenting, BBCode for external linking, "Send to a friend" feature, adding nametags ("That’s me!" and also adding nametags for other users), Slideshow with several transition effects, mini thumbnails of category in a motion gallery
- Configurable watermark
- Exif and IPTC image data support
- Access rights for categories according to Joomla's user groups
- Fully implemented ACL of Joomla! 2.5.x
- User-created uploads and categories
- Password-protected categories
- Time span for upload limit in frontend
- Favourites: Users may store and download their favourite images (in a zip archive)
- Option to download single images
- Counting image downloads
- Cooliris support
- Google Maps support (GeoTagging)
- Search function in gallery
- Configurable view of toplists (top rated, last added, last commented, most viewed)
- Possibility to exclude images from toplists and the search
- Several upload possibilities from backend and frontend: Single upload, Batch upload (Zip), Drag'n'Drop-Upload with progress bar, Java upload, FTP upload (last one only in backend)
- Image processing using GD, GD2 or ImageMagick
- Afterwards resizing of detail images and thumbnails
- Square thumbnails possible
- Possibility of using content plugins in image and category descriptions
- Possibility to explicitly reject images and to send message about rejection reason
- Expand Joomla-Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited nested categories possible
- CSS-based layout (table-free, wherever possible)
- MVC structured code, template overrides possible for every view
- Module positions inside the gallery
- Several plugin events triggered by JoomGallery on certain events in order to interact with third-party extensions
- An interface class (API) gives other extensions (Plugins, Modules, ...) the possibility to integrate JoomGallery content
- Huge third-party support: There are JoomGallery extensions available for many third-party extensions: Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced, JomSocial, Kunena, AlphaUserPoints, JComments, JomComment, XMap, sh404SEF, Artio JoomSEF, SEFAdvanced, JoomFish, reCaptcha.
- Plugins for displaying or linking images in content articles or for automatically creating user categories
- Update-Checker and
For anyone who wishes to build a user driven image based website, JoomGallery should come as the top priority.
*Plenty of options
*Somewhat overwhelming - somewhat complex for smaller sites
*Front end uploader appears to be incompatible with CBuilder.
Recently i tested Joomgallery and was impressed !
There is lot of functionnality and everything to set it up !
Upload options are perfect (ftp, java, zip, by form) and really easy to use.
And it comes with lot of plugin and modules !
Nice job and it is Open source !
lets keep suporting this guys so they keep doing such a great job
Turns out it wasn't the extensions fault at all. I do all my testing on WAMP and Xampp server over a Windows environment, and it runs terrible there. But note that once it was online, even in shared hosting, such as $7/month hostgator for example, it runs exceptional.
It does have a bit of a learning curve, and some of the documentation is hard to find unless you look for it (such as component module positions) but it's definately worth the time investment. Also, unlike other "free" galleries such as Phoca Gallery, this does not have mandatory backlinks. Try to remember all the work you're getting for free though and donate a couple bucks.
I've run this on live sites with over 60k images and no problems at all. I've also had it with only a few thousand and it does great for any size.
One thing though - can't figure out how to make the voting work in category view:( I wrote on JoomGallery Forum but haven't recieved an answer yet:(. Maby anyone could help me?? Please
1. install component using joomla's extension manager.
2. configure endless options and the directories for images next in the component's configuration.
3. link the gallery
4. create a category
5. upload an image
and bam. there it is... bitte sehr dream team!