Features include, but are not limited to:
- Three image sizes: Thumbnails - Detail images - Original images (thumbnails and detail images are created automatically out of the original images)
- Manifold possibilities in the detail view: Voting, commenting, BBCode for external linking, "Send to a friend" feature, adding nametags ("That’s me!" and also adding nametags for other users), Slideshow with several transition effects, mini thumbnails of category in a motion gallery
- Configurable watermark
- Exif and IPTC image data support
- Access rights for categories according to Joomla's user groups
- Fully implemented ACL of Joomla! 2.5.x
- User-created uploads and categories
- Favourites: Users may store and download their favourite images (in a zip archive)
- Option to download single images
- Cooliris support
- Google Maps support (GeoTagging)
- Configurable view of toplists (top rated, last added, last commented, most viewed)
- Several upload possibilities from backend and frontend: Single upload, Batch upload (Zip), Java upload, FTP upload (last one only in backend)
- Image processing using GD, GD2 or ImageMagick
- Afterwards resizing of detail images and thumbnails
- Square thumbnails possible
- Possibility of using content plugins in image and category descriptions
- Expand Joomla-Breadcrumbs
- Search function in gallery
- Unlimited nested categories possible
- CSS-based layout (table-free, wherever possible)
- MVC structured code, template overrides possible for every view
- Module positions inside the gallery
- Several plugin events triggered by JoomGallery on certain events in order to interact with third-party extensions
- An interface class (API) gives other extensions (Plugins, Modules, ...) the possibility to integrate JoomGallery content
- Huge third-party support: There are JoomGallery extensions available for many third-party extensions: Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced, JomSocial, Kunena, AlphaUserPoints, JComments, JomComment, XMap, sh404SEF, Artio JoomSEF, SEFAdvanced, JoomFish, reCaptcha.
- Plugins for displaying or linking images in content articles or for automatically creating user categories
- Update-Checker and One-Click-Updates for all installed extensions of JoomGallery
- Almost all functions and outputs can be switched off
There is absolutely no support. Not that I've seen anyway. Slideshow is not cached which drains server resources.
If there was decent support I'd recomment this to anyone but as with many open source, non commercial software the lack of support is my main reason to abandon this gallery.
Also the rate of development is very slow to non-existent.
Take this as it is, or (like me) leave it....
After almost 2 years of search for a script/extension/you name it , to create a custom covers site i found the PERFECT one.
It is really easy to install , it has configuration for just about ANYTHING , a wide range of possibilities and works flawlessly in my 10.000 unique guests monthly site.
I can't really believe this software is free.. its exactly what i wanted.
Only thing i haven't figured out and i need some help on it, is if i can have a gallery slideshow with some selected pictures (like promote some pictures) . Other than that its PERFECT i 100% recommend it
Some configurations took more time to figure out what they affected than others, and, being completely new to the software, it seemed to me that a couple of settings had to be changed in two places and I wasn't sure why, although they were not hard to find.
One item that was not obvious, and undocumented, was how to change the display name of the Gallery page, which needs to be edited in the global Joomla language file. That information was gleaned from the forum pages, and is new with the introduction of Joomla 1.5.
I'm ecstatic about this component, and highly recommend it!
It has a lot of parameter! Really! But you can't do without any one of it! Everyone is worth, because they let you manage the gallery at various levels.
Besides, this extension updates itself with a simple click on a link in the backend! Amazing!!! I would like that Joomla core had a link like that to update so quickly!
I know that i'm forgetting something else great that I note about it.
Great developer. Thanks for it.
The installation and initial, basic setup is quick and fairly standard. It is in the detailed configuration and complete control you have over every aspect of the user interface and rich set of features that makes this component stand above the rest.
Also a standout is the support supplied by the developer. I had a minor issue getting my gallery to look a certain way and over the course of several days I was in communication with the developer via his support forum and he explained to me how to accomplish what I set out to do. As far as I'm concerned, this is better support than what you normally get with even commercial products.
There are a huge amount of options to customize things with, practically everything can be changed around.
5 stars is not enough.
Criticism - humans made this, that is all I can say - what we are getting is way too huge to be expressing any puny pity thing in return..
Guys .. Seriously .. THANK YOU
It offers a very wide range of parametering possibilities! That is a high end work from developers! Besides that! Languages files are available and great! I love the fact that it integrates flawlessly with CB.
Again! A must to have in a joomla website!
Professional from all sides!
Except... Everybody is promising support for 3rd party extensions, but it is always a half-support.
I am angry these days about those half-integrations.
Azrul's JomComment, Joomlapolis Community Builder, UddeIM PMS and this component... Every one of them - great stuff... But, integrations or support between them is poor, in most cases just a nice goodnight story.