Features include, but are not limited to:
- Three image sizes: Thumbnails - Detail images - Original images (thumbnails and detail images are created automatically out of the original images)
- Manifold possibilities in the detail view: Voting, commenting, BBCode for external linking, "Send to a friend" feature, adding nametags ("That’s me!" and also adding nametags for other users), Slideshow with several transition effects, mini thumbnails of category in a motion gallery
- Configurable watermark
- Exif and IPTC image data support
- Access rights for categories according to Joomla's user groups
- Fully implemented ACL of Joomla! 2.5.x
- User-created uploads and categories
- Password-protected categories
- Time span for upload limit in frontend
- Favourites: Users may store and download their favourite images (in a zip archive)
- Option to download single images
- Counting image downloads
- Cooliris support
- Google Maps support (GeoTagging)
- Search function in gallery
- Configurable view of toplists (top rated, last added, last commented, most viewed)
- Possibility to exclude images from toplists and the search
- Several upload possibilities from backend and frontend: Single upload, Batch upload (Zip), Drag'n'Drop-Upload with progress bar, Java upload, FTP upload (last one only in backend)
- Image processing using GD, GD2 or ImageMagick
- Afterwards resizing of detail images and thumbnails
- Square thumbnails possible
- Possibility of using content plugins in image and category descriptions
- Possibility to explicitly reject images and to send message about rejection reason
- Expand Joomla-Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited nested categories possible
- CSS-based layout (table-free, wherever possible)
- MVC structured code, template overrides possible for every view
- Module positions inside the gallery
- Several plugin events triggered by JoomGallery on certain events in order to interact with third-party extensions
- An interface class (API) gives other extensions (Plugins, Modules, ...) the possibility to integrate JoomGallery content
- Huge third-party support: There are JoomGallery extensions available for many third-party extensions: Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced, JomSocial, Kunena, AlphaUserPoints, JComments, JomComment, XMap, sh404SEF, Artio JoomSEF, SEFAdvanced, JoomFish, reCaptcha.
- Plugins for displaying or linking images in content articles or for automatically creating user categories
- Update-Checker and
Due to my host's PHP version I had trouble installing the component through the back end upload and install. Happily, I found the solution to this problem in their forums and was able to install it through the directory path. Fast and easy!
I like the user interface, clean look, and all the options to display or not display options!
I am really impressed and highly recommend this component, modules and the plug-ins.
Thank you for your hard work.
Since JPhoto charge £20 for their rubbish these guys could easily charge since their component a) works, b)has some advanced functionality like the ability to recreate all your thumbnails when you change your settings and lastly the support is excellent.
I wrote and resolved my issue within the hour- very good indeed.
The only reason I give it 4 stars rather than 5 is that it doesn't look very nice- and it is a gallery after all- but at least the output is modern and easily stylable.
Good work, and amazing for free.
The component is well written, so it was easy to implement native JComment support in this component. Right now I don't need the module anymore.
I tried phoca and I have to say, it felt a bit 'hard' compared to this component. The Zip-upload is a nice feature that's missing in a lot of other apps.
The code is inspiring to see... well written, well thought out. Just what we needed: the component currently suits my every need.
It does take some tweaking to get the layout right, but it has the options to make it all work, with good information provided, and loads of features.
The key for me was the front end ability to allow a person to upload to a gallery of their own without special permissions! Or to FTP the files!
Quite clearly one of the best gallery solutions for Joomla on the planet.
Well done for the design and thought that went into it!
If you are looking for a great gallery - this is the one for you!
Clearly the best gallery module for Joomla and should be an Editors pick as well!
Easy to install. Lots (!) of functions and configuration options, but also works perfectly "out of the box".
My highest reccomendations!
The only issue I've encountered is that the pages make a LOT of mysql queries; combined with the other queries on my pages, some pages are making 80-100 queries (and yes, I've checked that the majority are from Joomgallery). So if you have hundreds to thousands of images and several thousand visitors a day, the number of queries may become a problem, as they have for me. But my solution was to re-code some of the gallery pages myself to be specific for my site. My pages now make 1/8th of the queries, but I still get to enjoy all the wonderful benefits of JoomGallery :)
Having delayed the upgrade of a server full of sites as long as possible, recently I found time to upgrade and transfer all my old J!1.0 ones to J!1.5.
At first I was concerned of the lack of a migration script for joomgallery, but the process is as follows. Upgrade your Joomgallery to the latest 1.0 build. Install the same build on new server with legacy on, and copy all the Joomgallery SQL tables via phpmyadmin. Check it works and then install the newest version (1.5.x) over the top.
At this point I hit a snag with my config, but Andreas at JoomGallery went out of his way to help and fix the problem himself. This is the sort of support you would expect of an expensive component, not a free download.
If you are looking for a gallery which members can upload to simply, which has many features and modules, which is community focused and which you have no worries about getting support if you ever hit a problem then this is the one to have.
What used to take me hours configuring and modifying a new gallery took minutes with JoomGallery. All I had to do was install, add a category, add menu items, and upload pictures.
JoomGallery worked fine with Artisteer 2, no CSS modification needed. I did have an issue with the buttons when I turned on the accordion option for the detailed view. This is still not a big problem as the default layout still looks good.
The JoomImages module exceeded my expectation. Only wish I could link the photos in the slideshow to the detailed view instead of the category view, but still outstanding.
Configuration, yes there are a lot of options, but I like how all the options are grouped together in a Tab format. This format made it very easy to see all the groups and quickly locate the options I needed to modify.
I’m not using SEF for this evaluation but it works fine on a production server running Windows 2003 Server, IIS, MySQL, and PHP. Not sure about the support as I have not needed to reach out for help.
Overall outstanding job!
The autoupdate function worked for the module and plugin, but not for the component - likely an issue with my server. Kudos to the team for this functionality.
Don't forget to donate- Even free beer must be purchased or brewed.
No core hacks needed, template overrides and a lot of configuring are all that you need to do.
I would have like to be able to turn off a few of the menu options using Config. I wont ever need Batch upload, FTP upload, Migrator, Comments, Image Upload (I only use Java Upload).
I really love how it removes ALL the files which are not needed and allows you to never worry about 5meg originals persisting forever, because you can set a max pixel limit and auto delete originals.
I have installed this on over 50 customer sites so far without a hitch.
I notice someone complaining about lack of support, I can't comment as in over 50 installs I've never had a problem, I can't understand why anyone would need support, They couldn't have made it any easier!!
Thankyou very much for an excellent gallery.