Features include, but are not limited to:
- Three image sizes: Thumbnails - Detail images - Original images (thumbnails and detail images are created automatically out of the original images)
- Manifold possibilities in the detail view: Voting, commenting, BBCode for external linking, "Send to a friend" feature, adding nametags ("That’s me!" and also adding nametags for other users), Slideshow with several transition effects, mini thumbnails of category in a motion gallery
- Configurable watermark
- Exif and IPTC image data support
- Access rights for categories according to Joomla's user groups
- Fully implemented ACL of Joomla! 2.5.x
- User-created uploads and categories
- Password-protected categories
- Time span for upload limit in frontend
- Favourites: Users may store and download their favourite images (in a zip archive)
- Option to download single images
- Counting image downloads
- Cooliris support
- Google Maps support (GeoTagging)
- Search function in gallery
- Configurable view of toplists (top rated, last added, last commented, most viewed)
- Possibility to exclude images from toplists and the search
- Several upload possibilities from backend and frontend: Single upload, Batch upload (Zip), Drag'n'Drop-Upload with progress bar, Java upload, FTP upload (last one only in backend)
- Image processing using GD, GD2 or ImageMagick
- Afterwards resizing of detail images and thumbnails
- Square thumbnails possible
- Possibility of using content plugins in image and category descriptions
- Possibility to explicitly reject images and to send message about rejection reason
- Expand Joomla-Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited nested categories possible
- CSS-based layout (table-free, wherever possible)
- MVC structured code, template overrides possible for every view
- Module positions inside the gallery
- Several plugin events triggered by JoomGallery on certain events in order to interact with third-party extensions
- An interface class (API) gives other extensions (Plugins, Modules, ...) the possibility to integrate JoomGallery content
- Huge third-party support: There are JoomGallery extensions available for many third-party extensions: Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced, JomSocial, Kunena, AlphaUserPoints, JComments, JomComment, XMap, sh404SEF, Artio JoomSEF, SEFAdvanced, JoomFish, reCaptcha.
- Plugins for displaying or linking images in content articles or for automatically creating user categories
- Update-Checker and
You can enable and disable HEAPS of options to craft this gallery category exactly as you want it. Very nice. Don't be scared to give it a try. The back-end is pretty easy to understand and there are heaps of options for uploading (single, bulk, ftp... etc).
I was looking for something fairly simple, at first I thought this would be too complex -but I am very happy with it and recommend it to anyone.
Only thing I have yet to do is figure a way to have a menu link that will open just a single category instead of going to the categories view list (as I only use one category) -worked something out using a "External Link" to the page. Perhaps this could be added later.
Unfortunately, some of the configuration parameters simply do not work for existing categories, for example, disabling hit counts. There is no way to disable voting or control the display dimensions of images in detail view (or thumbnails for that matter).
I am a professional photographer looking for a simple gallery component with SEF links and photos with title, description and keywords that will be mirrored in the HTML meta tags. JoomGallery does not foot the bill, but should work well for most users..
still waiting for Cooliris-enabled search results and frontend java uploading capabilities!
You can find the fix which is provided ny joomla here
other then that, its been great
The main problem is there seems to be no documentation at all and no replies in their forum (except from other users).
Might be good for you if you have the time and patience to figure it out. I don't. There are fully-documented alternatives out there.
Good job! I look forward to seeing future releases!
This component is a REAL image gallery for Joomla! 1.5.
Thank you ever so much!
One large bug: it won't let non-registered users view detail images, even when that choice is set to "yes" in the backend.
No support: Despite numerous requests, my questions on the JoomGallery forum have gone unanswered. And there doesn't seem to be any documentation, at least not in English.
Conclusion: This could be one of the very best Joomla! extensions if the bugs can be ironed out. Until then, just mediocre.