Features include, but are not limited to:
- Three image sizes: Thumbnails - Detail images - Original images (thumbnails and detail images are created automatically out of the original images)
- Manifold possibilities in the detail view: Voting, commenting, BBCode for external linking, "Send to a friend" feature, adding nametags ("That’s me!" and also adding nametags for other users), Slideshow with several transition effects, mini thumbnails of category in a motion gallery
- Configurable watermark
- Exif and IPTC image data support
- Access rights for categories according to Joomla's user groups
- Fully implemented ACL of Joomla! 2.5.x
- User-created uploads and categories
- Password-protected categories
- Time span for upload limit in frontend
- Favourites: Users may store and download their favourite images (in a zip archive)
- Option to download single images
- Counting image downloads
- Cooliris support
- Google Maps support (GeoTagging)
- Search function in gallery
- Configurable view of toplists (top rated, last added, last commented, most viewed)
- Possibility to exclude images from toplists and the search
- Several upload possibilities from backend and frontend: Single upload, Batch upload (Zip), Drag'n'Drop-Upload with progress bar, Java upload, FTP upload (last one only in backend)
- Image processing using GD, GD2 or ImageMagick
- Afterwards resizing of detail images and thumbnails
- Square thumbnails possible
- Possibility of using content plugins in image and category descriptions
- Possibility to explicitly reject images and to send message about rejection reason
- Expand Joomla-Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited nested categories possible
- CSS-based layout (table-free, wherever possible)
- MVC structured code, template overrides possible for every view
- Module positions inside the gallery
- Several plugin events triggered by JoomGallery on certain events in order to interact with third-party extensions
- An interface class (API) gives other extensions (Plugins, Modules, ...) the possibility to integrate JoomGallery content
- Huge third-party support: There are JoomGallery extensions available for many third-party extensions: Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced, JomSocial, Kunena, AlphaUserPoints, JComments, JomComment, XMap, sh404SEF, Artio JoomSEF, SEFAdvanced, JoomFish, reCaptcha.
- Plugins for displaying or linking images in content articles or for automatically creating user categories
- Update-Checker and
Installed easily and did everything I wanted (well almost), one minor problem that I hope the forum will answer.
Bit difficult, not having a manual, but 30mins experimenting and I had my photo galler up and running nicely.
Well done on this gallery!
Support is lacking. Legitimate questions posted to their support forum get read but unanswered.
Even so I'll start over and give the 1.5 native version a try. I liked the first install that much.
From your review it sounds as if you tried to upgrade a JoomGallery 1.0 to the new JoomGallery 1.5 RC. We explicitly warned not to do so in the download and upgrade instructions. An upgrade will be possible once JoomGallery 1.5 (stable) is out.
1.5 Beta is a development version not intended for production use. If you rely on the CB plugin, use the stable 1.0 version. The next release of the 1.5 branch will support the CB plugin.
With Joomgallery, it was a breeze and now it even has Piclens support!
Keep up the great work!
- Very clean design
- Easy to upload photographs
- Easy gallery setup and structure
- CSS modification not easy and time consuming
- Frontend gallery layout poorly designed and could benefit from addition of tables or more advanced CSS - lots of thumbnails out of alignment in category page
- No option for square thumbnails
- Comment tags in Php/Html are in German - difficult to understand if not a german speaker
Not as polished or powerful as Gallery or Coppermine, but bridges much more easily to Joomla than either of the previous two (Gallery Bridge is woeful). This has lots of potential and look forward to further updates.
Now, there is JoomGallery. While I passed it over for months, mistaking it for one of those inadequate and extremely buggy alternatives I took pride in avoiding, I was mistaken to have not noticed it earlier.
It works. Configuration can be quick but can likewise be extensive for those looking to fine tune. The application is fast and feature rich. It's user and administrator interface is intuitive and actually works. I'd say, it is one of the best Joomla photo gallery components to date and one of the best all-around galleries I know of.
I was surprised at many of its features and particularly surprised that such functions as the Java upload interface as well as the zip upload actually works by default and without any hacking. And the PNG watermark also works and is applied dynamically to all images so that you can update the look of your site to reflect a change in your site's template as well as for evolving marketing needs.
For a community and/or social networking application, it works well with Community Builder, providing CB plugin integration that works out of the box and without error.
This is indeed the best Joomla photo gallery component. Thanks!
I spend several days installing a testing the various gallery components for Joomla. Some worked well, other not at all and many would be very usable for a site were only the administrator is uploading images. But for our foto club I needed the members to be able to upload and manage their images.
JoomGallery is perfect for this:
User upload, commenting of the images, rating, all you could as for is right there. And the administration tools enable you to adjust basically evereything to you needs.
JoomGallery is the perfect tool for our site.
My big deal was if it integrates with CB 1.2RC3 - and it does with the CB tab they have for download as well. Not only that, you get a favorite photos tab, and a gallery tab.
Help in the forums? You bet. They were right there answering my one question I had. I donated as well. I just can't imagine how much hard work that went into this component. Great job guys! And I'm hard to please! :-)
Save yourself some time and get this gallery extension installed. See it as giving yourself a Christmans present.
Error: No config file of supported galleries found. Is the component Ponygallery or Joomgallery installed?
I have tired to get support from the forum but no luck (
You are using the wrong version of GalleryTab. Try the newest one from our web site, that works fine with JoomGallery 1.0.
Support for 1.5 is coming soon.