Features include, but are not limited to:
- Three image sizes: Thumbnails - Detail images - Original images (thumbnails and detail images are created automatically out of the original images)
- Manifold possibilities in the detail view: Voting, commenting, BBCode for external linking, "Send to a friend" feature, adding nametags ("That’s me!" and also adding nametags for other users), Slideshow with several transition effects, mini thumbnails of category in a motion gallery
- Configurable watermark
- Exif and IPTC image data support
- Access rights for categories according to Joomla's user groups
- Fully implemented ACL of Joomla! 2.5.x
- User-created uploads and categories
- Password-protected categories
- Time span for upload limit in frontend
- Favourites: Users may store and download their favourite images (in a zip archive)
- Option to download single images
- Counting image downloads
- Cooliris support
- Google Maps support (GeoTagging)
- Search function in gallery
- Configurable view of toplists (top rated, last added, last commented, most viewed)
- Possibility to exclude images from toplists and the search
- Several upload possibilities from backend and frontend: Single upload, Batch upload (Zip), Drag'n'Drop-Upload with progress bar, Java upload, FTP upload (last one only in backend)
- Image processing using GD, GD2 or ImageMagick
- Afterwards resizing of detail images and thumbnails
- Square thumbnails possible
- Possibility of using content plugins in image and category descriptions
- Possibility to explicitly reject images and to send message about rejection reason
- Expand Joomla-Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited nested categories possible
- CSS-based layout (table-free, wherever possible)
- MVC structured code, template overrides possible for every view
- Module positions inside the gallery
- Several plugin events triggered by JoomGallery on certain events in order to interact with third-party extensions
- An interface class (API) gives other extensions (Plugins, Modules, ...) the possibility to integrate JoomGallery content
- Huge third-party support: There are JoomGallery extensions available for many third-party extensions: Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced, JomSocial, Kunena, AlphaUserPoints, JComments, JomComment, XMap, sh404SEF, Artio JoomSEF, SEFAdvanced, JoomFish, reCaptcha.
- Plugins for displaying or linking images in content articles or for automatically creating user categories
- Update-Checker and
The only flaw I can see so far is customising the CSS. A category page calls 5 (!!) CSS files, and I've spent hours in Firebug trying to find out what calls what, and which sheet is over-riding the other.
Using the joom_local.css over-ride isn't ideal, so i've actually emptied every style sheet and put it in joom_local.css.
My view is that 1 long stylesheet is better than 5 short ones. Great work otherwise
Thanks for your feedback! We plan to combine all stylesheets into one compact file for the next release. The joom_local.css file allows your adjustments to persist throughout updates, which might overwrite the default files.
Along comes JoomGallery. There is room for improvement, nice-to-have-stuff. But it works, it looks smart, it integrates nicely with my CSS. I'm just happy and eager for it to come out of beta.
Support: I had a few itches, they got answered. I got one real problem, they answered immediately and solved the problem.
Some of the features I like.
It has comments system integrated for each picture.
It has a wide variety of options for your pictures.
Watermark really works on this component.
Compatible with CB
Easy update through Control Panel.
I love it and I highly recommend it!
I can't wait to
Installed easily and did everything I wanted (well almost), one minor problem that I hope the forum will answer.
Bit difficult, not having a manual, but 30mins experimenting and I had my photo galler up and running nicely.
Well done on this gallery!
Support is lacking. Legitimate questions posted to their support forum get read but unanswered.
Even so I'll start over and give the 1.5 native version a try. I liked the first install that much.
From your review it sounds as if you tried to upgrade a JoomGallery 1.0 to the new JoomGallery 1.5 RC. We explicitly warned not to do so in the download and upgrade instructions. An upgrade will be possible once JoomGallery 1.5 (stable) is out.
1.5 Beta is a development version not intended for production use. If you rely on the CB plugin, use the stable 1.0 version. The next release of the 1.5 branch will support the CB plugin.
With Joomgallery, it was a breeze and now it even has Piclens support!
Keep up the great work!
- Very clean design
- Easy to upload photographs
- Easy gallery setup and structure
- CSS modification not easy and time consuming
- Frontend gallery layout poorly designed and could benefit from addition of tables or more advanced CSS - lots of thumbnails out of alignment in category page
- No option for square thumbnails
- Comment tags in Php/Html are in German - difficult to understand if not a german speaker
Not as polished or powerful as Gallery or Coppermine, but bridges much more easily to Joomla than either of the previous two (Gallery Bridge is woeful). This has lots of potential and look forward to further updates.