Features include, but are not limited to:
- Three image sizes: Thumbnails - Detail images - Original images (thumbnails and detail images are created automatically out of the original images)
- Manifold possibilities in the detail view: Voting, commenting, BBCode for external linking, "Send to a friend" feature, adding nametags ("That’s me!" and also adding nametags for other users), Slideshow with several transition effects, mini thumbnails of category in a motion gallery
- Configurable watermark
- Exif and IPTC image data support
- Access rights for categories according to Joomla's user groups
- Fully implemented ACL of Joomla! 2.5.x
- User-created uploads and categories
- Password-protected categories
- Time span for upload limit in frontend
- Favourites: Users may store and download their favourite images (in a zip archive)
- Option to download single images
- Counting image downloads
- Cooliris support
- Google Maps support (GeoTagging)
- Search function in gallery
- Configurable view of toplists (top rated, last added, last commented, most viewed)
- Possibility to exclude images from toplists and the search
- Several upload possibilities from backend and frontend: Single upload, Batch upload (Zip), Drag'n'Drop-Upload with progress bar, Java upload, FTP upload (last one only in backend)
- Image processing using GD, GD2 or ImageMagick
- Afterwards resizing of detail images and thumbnails
- Square thumbnails possible
- Possibility of using content plugins in image and category descriptions
- Possibility to explicitly reject images and to send message about rejection reason
- Expand Joomla-Breadcrumbs
- Unlimited nested categories possible
- CSS-based layout (table-free, wherever possible)
- MVC structured code, template overrides possible for every view
- Module positions inside the gallery
- Several plugin events triggered by JoomGallery on certain events in order to interact with third-party extensions
- An interface class (API) gives other extensions (Plugins, Modules, ...) the possibility to integrate JoomGallery content
- Huge third-party support: There are JoomGallery extensions available for many third-party extensions: Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced, JomSocial, Kunena, AlphaUserPoints, JComments, JomComment, XMap, sh404SEF, Artio JoomSEF, SEFAdvanced, JoomFish, reCaptcha.
- Plugins for displaying or linking images in content articles or for automatically creating user categories
- Update-Checker and
It would be nice to be able to run the detailed images as a slideshow as well as regular images (currently only previous and next buttons are available). Also the ability to add/edit image info from the front end would be helpful.
Users can leave comments, rate images, add nametags, copy/paste the image location into other content areas like forums, etc and yes, the slide show looks pretty good too.
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it other than the fact that IE6 and lower doesn't work too well.
1. Easy to set up and really nice aesthetic layout (plenty of options to play around with)
2. Several modal window viewing options
2. No bugs so far and its still a beta version!
3. Multi-user gallery and categories with rating and voting
4. Good module support
5. Excellent CB integration with no need for a separate profile gallery
6. Good support forums with quick responses
Obviously not in the Flickr league but the closest thing to it ... and the best part is its free
Uploading photos, and creating galleries (categories) couldn't be easier! I've been using the latest beta for about 30 days and haven't hit any snags yet!
Keep up the excellent work guy!