- This extension requires registration to download.
ARI Fancybox is Joomla! lightbox module and plugin which provide ability to view image galleries, Flickr photos, external pages, HTML content and Flash objects in fancy popup.
* User friendly interface;
* Can display external pages, Flash objects, inline content, Joomla! articles and modules;
* Provides ability for creating image galleries based on images from specific folder(s). Can generate thumbnails and cache data for decreasing server loading. Supports gallery mode (shows all image on page) and single image mode (shows the first thumbnail and provides ability for navigations between gallery images);
* Provides ability to create fancy links by CSS selectors (for example shows menu items in the lightbox);
* Can display Flickr photos based on Flickr photoset ID(s), collection ID(s), user ID(s) and group ID(s);
* Can display Picasa photos based on Picasa user and album name;
* Supports navigation with mouse scroll;
* Provides different gallery themes;
* Highly customizable;
* Can be used with image maps;
* Supports possibility for showing additional image parameters (such as description, title and other) which you can define in CSV file;
* Provides ability to use different description files for different site language;
* You can change gallery layout. It requires minimum HTML knowledge;
* Provides the following methods for generating thumbnails:
- resize - resize an original image to necessary size with saving aspect ratio;
- crop - get part of an original image with necessary size and offset;
- crop and resize - get part of an original image with necessary size and offset and resize it to necessary size.
* Can rotate thumbnails and apply grayscale filter;
* Can display lightbox automatically when page is loaded. It also provides ability to display lightbox on page load only once;
* Can display module in Joomla! articles with help ARI Fancybox plugin;
* The following extensions support integration with ARI Fancybox:
ARI Image Slider - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/images-slideshow/13262
ARI Cloud Carousel - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/images-rotators/13384
ARI Slick Gallery - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/photo-gallery/13770
ARI Orbit Slider - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/images-slideshow/14537
ARI Magnifier - http://bit.ly/eM3PTM
ARI Zoom - http://bit.ly/ebxTgA
* Works in modern browsers: IE6+, FireFox, Opera, Chrome, Safari and other;
* It is open source and under GNU/GPL license.
I had a little difficulty setting it up initially, but I got a fantastic level of support from the developer and soon got it working to my satisfaction.
I am a little surprised that it does not have a higher satisfaction value.
I would strongly recommend the product to anyone that is looking to enhance the working of the ARI Cloud Carousel.
I mean you have to be a programmer to see a gallery of images.
Possible that to see a gallery of images you need to write code in html?!?
Thank you for your review. The extension contains the module and the plugins. "ARI Fancybox" module provides user-friendly interface and doesn't require any technical knowledge, just specify path to image folder(s) and thumbnails size. The module can be loaded into Joomla! content with help "System - ARI Fancybox Anywhere" plugin. The plugin works as a lot of other Joomla! plugins, enter plugin tag and specify path to image folder as attribute of plugin tag. If have any questions about the extension or need any assistance, contact us on our forum or by email.
Very easy to install the module (remember to also install the 'anywhere' plugin too to have Fancybox operational on individual Joomla pages). I had it up and running in a few minutes and the included notes answer most questions you're likely to have.
The one problem I encountered (a conflict with my own Joomla template) was answered and solved by the support team within the hour
Had a few quirks when first trying it out, but support was lightning fast and they even helped us make the plugin work with one of our components.
Once you learn how it works, it's an absolute cinch !