- The additional script Highslide JS is not free for commercial use
- create thumbnail and replace original image to thumbnail;
- add link for pop-up window: Slimbox, Magnific Popup, Highslide (for non-commercial sites - http://highslide.com/#licence);
- add link to full text in blogs;
- default sizes;
- proportions: keep aspect ratio, cut to fit, keep area, stretch;
- include/exclude images with the specified classes;
- works with remote images;
- add meta-tag og:image;
- different settings for different contexts;
- compatible with Joomla 1.5 - 3.x.
- html-code can be replaced in template;
- you can use your own type of pop-up window, only put it in decorators/popups;
- you can write your own handler for contexts, put in in decorators/context;
- thumbnail generator is separated to library mavik/thumb, you can use in your extensions or templates.
Languages: English, Germany, French, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Brazil, Estonian.
I did run into one issue, when using slim box as the popup method, the popup appears behind my upper menu system. (rocket theme template) There was one post here describing that issue and what they did in the CSS to solve it, but I didn't understand the code they were describing. (I'm not a coder).
But on most templates, it works great, and even in my case the other "modes" of the popup, work fine. Also, there is an option that the thumbnail will take you to the article when in 'blog mode' instead of doing the popup. (once you are in the article, the thumbnails then popup to a larger size)
The other other change I would suggest, is a simple button in the plugin setup that will purge the no longer used thumbnails from the system, they do accumulate in there. If you experiment when placing an image, and try 3 or 4 different sizes, then decide on 1... the old thumbnails that were generated during testing still exist in the server. This doesn't hurt anything, but does take up space.
there's only one thing i've discovered so far: if you want to place an image smaller than the original one into an article and want to create a link to an external site through that image, that won't work, because the mavik-plugin will create the thumbnail AND the link to the full-resolution picture.
so you have to put clickable images always in full-res into your articles.
great work!! thanks a lot =)
Don´t worry if the slimbox layer is showing up on the wrong "layer" (this may happen with some templates like the famous ja_purity I and II), you only have to make some z-index changes to make it work like expected.
P.S.: The new highslide opening function is great.
It creates a thumbnail name like 299x240-images-stories-yourfolder-filename-pic1.jpg. This means a lot of data on your server that isn't used and probably doesn't help the SEO of a website.
My idea is that it would be better to have it create a name that just shows filename-thumb1.jpg.
I am having trouble though with transparent images (both gif and png): the transparent background is displayed as black on the thumbnails, and as grey on the enlarged picture. is there any option I need to fine tune in order to parse transparent images?
I would also like to be able to disable the popup function for certain images, as the nofb="nofb" option of the fboxbot plugin does. is there any way I could tag any image in order to resize it as normal but disable the mouseover interaction and the popup function?
thank you for the great ext.
i needed like a day to try to understand how it works.
for those who have problem to understand here is how i made it work.
you need to upload the images that you want to the root of mavik Thumbnails:
then simply add HTML code to disply the image.
the image that will be disply, just give height and width to the image to make it smaller.
then HREF it to the same image.
if u do this, it will work perfect