- The additional script Highslide JS is not free for commercial use
- create thumbnail and replace original image to thumbnail;
- add link for pop-up window: Slimbox, Highslide (for non-commercial sites - http://highslide.com/#licence) or Joomla Modal;
- add link to full text for blogs and frontpage (Compatible with: native Content, MyBlog, IdoBlogFree. It's easy create adapters for others components.);
- default sizes for full text and for blogs (and frontpage);
- proportions: keep aspect ratio, cut to fit, keep area, stretch;
- include/exclude images with the specified classes;
- works with remote images;
- show magnifying glass (image or cursor) at thumbnails;
- compatible with Mootools 1.1 and 1.2;
- compatible with Joomla 1.5 and 1.6.
Languages: English, Germany (Alexander Bredo), Russian, Ukrainian, France, Serbian (Latin and Cyrillic, Nikola Arezina), Bulgarian (Alexandr Sidorov), Turkish (Burak Güner), Spanish and Catalan (lluis Jaime López), Greek (George Betsis), Estonian (Rivo Zängov), Italian, Polish (Paweł Zaremba).
Requires: PHP5, GD2.
Works great. Simply to use. Just the right amount of functionality and no more. Very well thought out.
Apparently, there's an incompatibility with 1.5.9 - When you have more than 4 articles that use mavikThumbnails, the website theme gets fried for that category and when you go to the blog-view, it shows only one article in the upper-left hand corner of the browser window.
I reported this to Vitaliy and he fixed it for me -- immediately.
I don't know what he did to fix it, but I'm sure he'll report it here for others who may have the problem.
I am using the Joomla Modal setting in the plugin because the Slimbox had a small conflict.
Important: If all you see is a link instead of a thumbnail, just use JoomlaXplorer or similar component to change the thumbnail component to writable.
With it enabled you add your picture to your content normally, resize it from the original, change the default alt text (usually picked up from the file name) to what you want the viewer to read when they click on the picture, and save.
Set and forget! Easy! Thanks!
Ideea for improvement: the full size picture appears over when you hold mouse over it some time (no clik). The problem would appear when the picture is bigger then your screen size :) . If not, the full size picture should disspear when you move the mouse away of the thumbnail area.
Anyway... it is excellent in this version also!
My own wish is to stop it from interfering with the Google Maps plugin.
Note: This is only for individual images, I have yet to figure out an easy way to make a gallery from it.
To solve this, you need to change 2 lines of code in the plugin.
You need to open the file /plugins/content/mavikthumbnails.php with the eXtplorer, and modify the lines 169 and 189, this is the code that you need to change:
then save and then bug was solved!
Thanks to share!!!
Thanks, it's fixed in current version.