- The additional script Highslide JS is not free for commercial use
- create thumbnail and replace original image to thumbnail;
- add link for pop-up window: Slimbox, Highslide (for non-commercial sites - http://highslide.com/#licence) or Joomla Modal;
- add link to full text for blogs and frontpage (Compatible with: native Content, MyBlog, IdoBlogFree. It's easy create adapters for others components.);
- default sizes for full text and for blogs (and frontpage);
- proportions: keep aspect ratio, cut to fit, keep area, stretch;
- include/exclude images with the specified classes;
- works with remote images;
- show magnifying glass (image or cursor) at thumbnails;
- compatible with Mootools 1.1 and 1.2;
- compatible with Joomla 1.5 and 1.6.
Languages: English, Germany (Alexander Bredo), Russian, Ukrainian, France, Serbian (Latin and Cyrillic, Nikola Arezina), Bulgarian (Alexandr Sidorov), Turkish (Burak Güner), Spanish and Catalan (lluis Jaime López), Greek (George Betsis), Estonian (Rivo Zängov), Italian, Polish (Paweł Zaremba).
Requires: PHP5, GD2.
Since there is no user interaction to make the plugin work I don't know if this suggestion is possible to implement, but anyway: It would be really perfect if the article author could choose that no link shall be created at all, only the thumbnail.
Btw: I use FCKeditor and it works perfect.
Independent by editors (work perfect in JCE) !!!
For standard user this is a marvelous plugin!!! No more attention at image size...
I would appreciate some more scripts for diffrent frameworks, maybe something for Prototype, and a version with comments in English, but still this the best Article Image extension that I know of.