List of features :
- Unlimited slides
- Ergonomic admin interface with Drag & Drop
- Can display images or videos
- Multiple options to congifure the slideshow
- Mobiles compatible, you can slide with your fingers
- Responsive design (adapts the image to the width of the container)
- Multiple skins
- You can add a link on any slide
- Captions with HTML allowed (to put some links for example)
- Compatible RTL direction
- Normal or random order for images display
- You can add params to video url (&rel=0 for example)
- options to set the thumbnails height and width
- you can load any article in the caption
- many fields to set the caption styles
- possibility to set a specific time for each slide
- option to load the images from a folder (with the plugin slideshow params)
- options to open the links in a Lightbox (with the plugin slideshow params)
- compatible with Virtuemart (needs the plugin Slideshow CK Virtuemart)
- autoload images from article categories
It is based on the script Camera from Pixedelic :
I've used several paid modules for many years, some good, some not so much but one way or another always ended up solving my needs, but after realizing that some of them have become extremely complex and demanding more attention from users to manage them I decided to look for a new simplier solution to manage slides and luckily ended up to this module.
The team that developed this module just thought of it, providing something simple and also powerful, and unbelievably free!
Unlike other "pro slide solutions" that require a component for managing slides unique details, here you can handle these details in a very simple and intuitive way. This saves a lot of time not only in the use of the tool as well but also in training the people who will manage the website.
The module also features a wide choice of styles to match my websites's color palette, so I do not need editing styles, all came ready to use!
I thank and congratulate the team that developed this wonderful solution, you guys really rocks!
thank you, I'm happy to read such great review :)
thank you for your great review, I'm actually working on a way to import the images from a folder
If this was a paid module, I'd get a little fiery about the following:
Caption box cannot be expanded on back-end.
It is truly responsive, but plan on coding between your media queries to get the loader icon and other aspects to display properly. Maybe it's my template's fault...I haven't looked yet thus no stars deducted.
A couple more suggestions:
Read photos from a folder option
Aside from my picky complaints, you really nailed it! Thank you
Only thing that could be added in my opinion?
1) possibility to select a folder as the source of the pictures. The current way is actually a lot more advanced (and allow easy captions) but in some cases, it could be good to be able to select a simple folder as the source of the picture
2) Possibility to select a categorie as the source of the slideshow: that would make this extension so universal!! Everybody would get it.
3) Possibility to put that slideshow as a background slideshow.
But don't get me wrong: the current version is really GREAT. Don't loose more time to try other slideshows, just get this one.
Many thanks to the author,
If there's anything I can do to thank you...
thank you for your great review.For suggestions please contact me directly so we can discuss it :)
A wish for a future release would be the ability to stop slideshow after one cycle. Or does it already have this feature and I am not seeing it.
The only thing I dont like is that it's got few "templates". I would like to see some more with shadows etc (or a tutorial on how to make your own). It seams straight forward, so I think I'll manage to make own templates.
The template "issue" isn't enough to lower the ratings. Still five stars.
That's right, templates for the slideshow is a good idea, I'm working on this.
If you have some ideas on what you would like to have you can contact me
I am rating this fair (2 stars) even though I could not get this to work. I even disabled jsquery on other components/templates because I am aware of the potential conflict. Usually when I try a component/plugin/module I can at least get something, but this product -- nothing! Thus the 2 stars.
It looks good though on your website and the backend looks good.
I simply do not have the time (I already spent 2 hours on this) to make this work.
Looking on the forum I can see that there are many other people with the same difficulties. The module does not even show up.
But keep up the good work. I am sure when the bugs get worked out this will be a great tool.
as you know joomla does not loads Jquery natively, so all extensions with jquery load its own file which causes some difficulties. Anyway I have a forum where I try to help solving these issues
Keep up the good work Ced.
Thank you ! I'm happy to see that people like my extension ;)