* choose from six customizable transition types: fade, zoom, pan, Ken Burns effect, push, wipe
* attach captions to images with multilingual support using a labels file with fall-back to a default caption
* link each image to an arbitrary location
* order images according to filename or last modified time, shuffle images each time the page is shown, or specify custom order
* display horizontal or vertical navigation bar with small thumbnail images that allow for fast navigation
* set most important styles in the administration back-end
* Joomla 2.5 or later (including Joomla 3.x)
* Joomla 1.5.19 or later with MooTools Upgrade system plug-in enabled and PHP 5.2 or later
It has a small footprint and because it uses MooTools, there's less chance of conflicts with other extensions.
I have installed it on a few websites now including some customisation on one website and the available documentation was clear enough for me to do this without help from the developer. Thank-you!
Keep Up The Good Work!
Unfortunately, this is not factually correct. There are several sort criteria in showplus, and random is indeed one of them. Please check out back-end configuration settings "Default sort criterion" and "Default sort order".
I'm new to website development and Joomla, therefore, I always look for the simple and easy until I can get up to speed.
I tried a couple of other image sliders without much luck, I was most likely the problem and then I tried ShowPlus.
It work well right out the box (I guess that's a good way of saying it). No problems with the install, the set-up, or the performance.
I upgraded to J1.7 and a problem getting it to work (I did say I'm new at this).
When I say it as a J2.5 version, I decided to give it a try again. I couldn't get the tgz file to install, so I sent an email to the developer and requested a zip file. Guess what, you are right he sent it, now get this, within an hour.
GREAT EXTENSION, GREAT SUPPORT. THANKS
His support is good enough so I sent him a donation.
Also the settings are easy to make. Works fine with browsers IE7 +, Safari, FF3.6 +, Chrome and Opera.
Unlike other funky slideshow stuff with lots of effects, Showplus captivates slideeffects with some simple but very nice slide effects that are completely sufficient.
Very nice and fast contact with a problem that I had with a solution within a day.
Such problems are best reported directly to the developer rather than written as a negative review. Getting in touch with the developer, he can request additional information on the problem (a one-liner is seldom useful in this respect), and eventually fix it, which benefits both you and the community. Do not forget that this extension is completely free, the developer gains nothing from the software but a good feeling that he has done something valuable for others. A negative review is no great encouragement for the developer to continue working on the project or solving your specific problem (not that he could contact you via the review interface anyway), and eventually neither you nor the community benefits in terms of better software.