* choose from six customizable transition types: fade, zoom, pan, Ken Burns effect, push, wipe
* attach captions to images with multilingual support using a labels file with fall-back to a default caption
* link each image to an arbitrary location
* order images according to filename or last modified time, shuffle images each time the page is shown, or specify custom order
* display horizontal or vertical navigation bar with small thumbnail images that allow for fast navigation
* set most important styles in the administration back-end
* Joomla 2.5 or later (including Joomla 3.x)
* Joomla 1.5.19 or later with MooTools Upgrade system plug-in enabled and PHP 5.2 or later
His support is good enough so I sent him a donation.
Also the settings are easy to make. Works fine with browsers IE7 +, Safari, FF3.6 +, Chrome and Opera.
Unlike other funky slideshow stuff with lots of effects, Showplus captivates slideeffects with some simple but very nice slide effects that are completely sufficient.
Very nice and fast contact with a problem that I had with a solution within a day.
Such problems are best reported directly to the developer rather than written as a negative review. Getting in touch with the developer, he can request additional information on the problem (a one-liner is seldom useful in this respect), and eventually fix it, which benefits both you and the community. Do not forget that this extension is completely free, the developer gains nothing from the software but a good feeling that he has done something valuable for others. A negative review is no great encouragement for the developer to continue working on the project or solving your specific problem (not that he could contact you via the review interface anyway), and eventually neither you nor the community benefits in terms of better software.
I finally stumbled across showplus after hours of searching.
It was very easy to setup! It does not contain any sneaky hidden links and it 100% met my requirements.
100% Perfect and HUGE Thank you for the developer!
Although I can see my images, thumbnails etc... and everything working perfectly, i still see error messages right under the gallery saying :
There are no images to display in the slideshow.There are no images to display in the slideshow.There are no images to display in the slideshow.There are no images to display in the slideshow.
I'm not sure what happened, I was adding and removing modules to different sections and playing around and it broke on me...
I had a lot of troubles because most of this modules are using jQuery. Some times Mootools had have conflicts with jQuery.
Showplus was the solution. It's works fine. It is easy to use.
It´s an excellent extension.
I apologize about my poor English.