* choose from six customizable transition types: fade, zoom, pan, Ken Burns effect, push, wipe
* attach captions to images with multilingual support using a labels file with fall-back to a default caption
* link each image to an arbitrary location
* order images according to filename or last modified time, shuffle images each time the page is shown, or specify custom order
* display horizontal or vertical navigation bar with small thumbnail images that allow for fast navigation
* set most important styles in the administration back-end
* Joomla 2.5 or later (including Joomla 3.x)
* Joomla 1.5.19 or later with MooTools Upgrade system plug-in enabled and PHP 5.2 or later
I finally stumbled across showplus after hours of searching.
It was very easy to setup! It does not contain any sneaky hidden links and it 100% met my requirements.
100% Perfect and HUGE Thank you for the developer!
Although I can see my images, thumbnails etc... and everything working perfectly, i still see error messages right under the gallery saying :
There are no images to display in the slideshow.There are no images to display in the slideshow.There are no images to display in the slideshow.There are no images to display in the slideshow.
I'm not sure what happened, I was adding and removing modules to different sections and playing around and it broke on me...
I had a lot of troubles because most of this modules are using jQuery. Some times Mootools had have conflicts with jQuery.
Showplus was the solution. It's works fine. It is easy to use.
It´s an excellent extension.
I apologize about my poor English.
You just create a module, link it to a folder with images, and that's it. You can even provide images description and external links as long as you provide a details.txt file in that same folder.
I have detected some minor problems, related or not to that extension. For instance, many large images will leave your page blank. I had to resize them. I also had a problem with the zoom factor, the 0 value was still zooming the pic, but the resize I made previously made that problem disappear.
Some improvement in adding new functionality might also be included, provided it doesn't collide with the philosophy the owners are trying to implement, such as creating thumb categories, to display several sets of images on the same module.
This is however a very good extension, a must to have on your site!
I have different showplus slideshows on different pages. If one doesn't work they all don't work. If one works they all work.
This phenomenon is most likely not specific to showplus but to particular versions of Joomla/MooTools or other extensions showplus is used in conjunction with; I am afraid it is not possible to give a simple "canned" suggestion that fits all cases. In general, it is best to contact the extension developer directly (see Support button), a review does not expose your e-mail to the listing owner and it is not possible to contact you for details. (As a bonus, you get a much faster reply by contacting the developer directly; it takes time before your review is approved and exposed to the listing owner, whereas an e-mail lands directly in the developer's mailbox.)