* choose from six customizable transition types: fade, zoom, pan, Ken Burns effect, push, wipe
* attach captions to images with multilingual support using a labels file with fall-back to a default caption
* link each image to an arbitrary location
* order images according to filename or last modified time, shuffle images each time the page is shown, or specify custom order
* display horizontal or vertical navigation bar with small thumbnail images that allow for fast navigation
* set most important styles in the administration back-end
* Joomla 2.5 or later (including Joomla 3.x)
* Joomla 1.5.19 or later with MooTools Upgrade system plug-in enabled and PHP 5.2 or later
I implemented this in 1.5.23 today. It clearly states that 1.5.19 or greater J! is needed to employ mootools 1.2.x and enable the compatibility layer these version of J! offer through a system plugin. Turning this on worked as predicted.
I added a labels.txt file for captions and URLs and all went fine. Pretty easy to set it up if you are familiar with J!. I have used it for about 5 years now.
One thing that may need attention is that, when you create a labels file it appears that if there is NOT a line for an image file it will NOT display. Perhaps this needs to be an option to select the behavior you want. This then would be a feature that may be helpful as a filter.
Looking at the code, the author is obviously an advanced, experienced programmer. The code is very complete and professionally done.
I took the time to look at his other extensions for media files. He has some for other image and audio purposes. These look of similar high quality.
what i need to do to fix and work properly, and will be very good if help abot installing and using modules an components is a litle bigger then now
best regards to all :)
and i really like this one, work perfect, simple, have documentations.
if you don't mind, i have some note for this extensions, for main image i must resize it to fix with module size (image not automatically resizing), i'm using joomla 1.5.22
note: i'm sorry if my english language not good :(
I can use more than one istance without incompatibility with other JS extesion.
Only a little problem: showplus create a very big script in the head of the HTML code.
To the developer: can you replace this with a simple "link" to include the code generated?