- supports .jpg, .png und .gif
- can be aligned in your content item left, right, centered, float left or float right
- as many slideshows per content item as you want
- every sldieshow can be configured individually (Parameter Overrides)
- optional show title and/or text with every single picture (Captions)
- optional show default title/text for the whole slideshow
- optional link every single image to a different target (Links)
- optional use a default link for the whole slideshow
- option to start on pageload or click
- optional control elements (start, stop, back next, counter)
- activate/deactivate and align (left/right) every single control element
- choose between text-links and buttons as controls
From the posts in the support network, I realized that creating a " stories " folder in the media manager, and then a " simpleslideshow " subfolder within the " stories " folder may have been for a previous version.
Based on this, I created a " simpleslideshow " folder in the media manager, moved over my picture files, then deleted the empty " stories/simpleslideshow " folders.
It still didn't work, so I posted for support. I noticed that the last response to support was in 2012 ( over a year ago ) and that the most recent version was published for 3.1.
I was ready to give up and find another extension, and then I decided to just take a rest before making any hasty decisions. I'm glad I did.
I decided to uninstall and reinstall the extension. Then, I went back through all the setup, and decided to only modify the size of the picture frame, and to leave everything else to default settings.
It worked fine.
Thanks for a great plugin, and I understand that after awhile it gets tiring answering a lot of questions for free.
If anyone here is like me, we've done plenty of work online at no charge ... whether it's creating useful extensions, uploading artwork, or compiling existing online research data into a different format.
It does get tiring to answer questions, when we have bills to pay and other work to do.
Very glad that this extension was created, and that it still works great with the default settings.
Thanks for the free plugin!
I am brand new to Joomla! I am using it to build a site for the agency I work for and wasn't sure I could deliver the requested slideshow, until I saw this plugin.
The "screen shots" were an excellent tool to use for directions. However, when I first saw how many there were, it seemed a bit daunting. But once I got into it, they were very simple and didn't take long to set up at all. This executes beautifully on the site I am building and my executive director is very pleased!
Thank you for making it easy for me!