Unfortunately this has not been the case, and the problems with the latest version are an utter catastrophe.
* This past October we were using a version prior to 1.6.12 and had what in hindsight was a very MINOR problem with new ads not being published properly into rotation.
* After contacting support we were told to upgrade to 1.6.12
* Upon installing the upgrade, the site now became inundated with SPAM registrations
* Further having the "rotate" banners option on, caused the RSMembership Extension to stop processing PAID Registrations and instead sent would be customers into a giant loop in which the form would refuse to process (turning off rotate banners "fixed" this problem
* Nevertheless, the spam continued unabated
* Thus visiting the site on December 17th, 2010 we saw another new upgrade was available, i.e. Version 2.0.2
* Now after installing this upgrade the entire manner in which advertisers purchased ads on the site is broken and obsolete thanks to the revamped "Campaign" feature which only allows one ZONE per campaign (utterly brilliant)
* Our X-Mas campaign with multiple sized ads, USELESS
* Pre-Existing Clients who had purchased access to MULTIPLE ZONES in order to run an actual CAMPAIGN, useless.
Now we have to either A. Sift through 5000 plus ads and create multiple campaigns for each sized banner, add all new packages, and add back in ads on a per zone basis instead of for each client?
Oh but wait you say, lets just simply downgrade back to 1.6.12....nope not unless you want to restore an entire back-up version of the site.
Simply downgrading to 1.6.12 totally breaks the site and displays a blank home page.
This is ridiculous. the developers have taken a powerful Advertising suite and totally changed its organization, utterly ruining the usability.
Now instead of offering a CAMPAIGN with 3 zones with 100,000cpm for $100.00 (our previous biggest seller) we can offer ONE zone?
I am sorry you are having a bad experience with the new version. We created this version based on feedback from thousands of customers who asked us to make those changes. You can look at our suggestions forum and see it for yourself.
Yes, when a big change like that happens, it bounds to have some transition issues, we created videos that explain the exact difference in the architecture of the new version and created an upgrade wizard to make it super easy. But if it doesn't work for you, you are welcome to post a support ticket and we will be happy to downgrade it for you.
The new version architecture allows you to do A LOT more, like letting your advertisers know exactly what they are getting (zone, rotation, slots, types of ads), automatic assignment of ads based on size and type, etc. It also doesn't show more than one ad per advertiser campaign (something a lot of customers complained about).
As a software that is looking to the future, there is no doubt it is the right way to go, of course we can't make everybody happy, but we sure do try to make as many people happy as we can. We are also open to suggestions of how to make this even better, just let us know.