Found a few bugs and have reported those on the forum - but still no reply after more than 2 weeks. A shame. But if you can live without support and hack your own version, this component is a must for anyone with a virtuemart site.
I am missing functionality as
1) More flexible and different payment options (must be easy to configure)
2) All hours are in AM/PM in the backend. Must have 24H!
3) Better and "leaner" integration with CB (community builder) - it is not working as it should with own added fields etc.
4) Should be possible to display extra fields in the "view details" on events. Make them cofigurable.
5) Could be cool to have more templates on specially the calendar view. Rounded corners would be nice (like Google calendars ...)
6) Options to control the colors in backgrounds and textx etc via the backend for all the different layouts to avoid changing php and css files. Also here have a "template" approach ...
7) Make the language/translations options "shareable" and automatic when updates. Look how ACYMAIL have done it - that is top dollar ;)
8) Make it possible to use pictures in events
On the support side, it would be nice to see things moving a little faster - you reply to mails but not often on forum threads - and you seem to promise more than you can hold in your mails. Please be honest about deadlines - as much as you can. Let us know if you cant make a deadline - that is better than silence ...
The website is a little confusing. It is hard to see what version of the component is currently active and for what version of joomla it is for.
Would be nice to have a newsletter informing us users with news of "Event booking" and links to the new downloadable version (the current way to download updates is very confusing and misleading. It is always unclear if you get the right version… )
Please see the above as constructive criticism as I want this good project the very best - othervise I wouldn't take the time to write all this. See it as an opportunity to make things better. I am only writing this because I find the component good and would like to keep using it on many of my future websites.
Thank you for a good component and look forward to follow it in the future.