I checked my files - found on a site that one file wasn't the 'official' version and updated it.
It would be fantastic if it could also update any files that weren't official versions, but it's still great!
Thanks for the feedback. I use the "Update Manager for Joomla!" (available on the JED) to update my files directly. I would love to add the ability to show the difference in files as well as allow auto updating going forward. We also set up the component to allow comparing files for any Joomla! extensions, which I think will be very useful. We just haven't had time to improve on it...but we will try to as soon as possible.
Thanks again for the feedback!
Two little extras would be nice:
1) different options for how required fields are displayed, the red stars aren't massive eye-candy and it doesn't say on the form what these mean
2) a plugin so a form could be displayed anywhere in an article.
Hi Dave, thanks for taking the time to leave a review - I have some GOOD NEWS for you! in reply to your points. 1) I agree, I hate the validation error messages - and I cant decide how it should be - so for the next version I have made it 100% configurable, that right, you will soon be able to display the validation error message any way you like! 2) We have blogged about this, its the #1 requested feature at the moment, 80% of the code has been written to allow forms in content and this is the main new feature for the next release (Feb 2009)
Just released new version (1.1.0). Now you can see by the icons color if the link is changed to anything but the main site.
Note: the current version of Linkr (for anyone that uses this great tool) does not work with FCK with respect to adding links to images. This is a Linkr issue that the author knows about and is fixed in the next, forthcoming release.
Hi David, we would be delighted to have you give us 6 stars & give careful attention to our user‘s requests! We have had some internal discussion,it's firmly on our things to do! In fact the 'newsletters mode' evolved from a similar conversation with Acajoom team. This has materialised in the latest version 188.8.131.52 as the 1st & only editor to provide such a resolve. So hold on, we will get there! Thanks d:o)
I've just installed 1.5alpha2 on a J1.5.6 site and it didn't work. I then read the installation instructions and lo-and-behold, it seems to be working fine! I do hope development on this continues; expect a donation when my next production site is complete :)
1. Install the component as a normal Joomla 1.5 component.
2. After installation change the config to replace the admin email address
3. You must then click the following links in the 'Development' tab in the JEvents control panel in order (VERY IMPORTANT)
1. Migrate admin menus and update databases (this will make sure your tables are up to date - the sql in the xml install file is more difficult to maintain during development and is therefore out of date!)
2. Migrate All Events to IcalEvents (this will copy all your existing events into the new format, if you have any - without removing them)
4. You MUST create at least one category before doing anything else
Two points: there are differences between IE7 and FF2, but that's life! Also, I would like to be able to configure the text size for the xtypo_quotes, is that possible and if not, is there any reason why this cannot be implemented?
But the author was brilliant with his support - quick and helpful - and we've established that it's an Ajax clash and that when 2Joomla release their upcoming AjaxTabs extension those two should work together perfectly.
Thanks for a great extension which looks fab and is easy to install and understand.
Some documentation would have been appreciated - once you've read the forums and got it going, well, yes, hindsight it s wonderful thing and it's straightforward enough. But a few simple instructions aren't too hard to write.
Still - once going - it's great!
Thanks for the note. Documentation is available here (and has been for some time).
Don't make the mistake I did: copying and pasting the lat/lon coordinates into JCE put some HTML tags in there too and I didn't realise until I checked the HTML...
is a good website for getting lat/lon coordinates.
Thanks for this extension :-)