First off, this is solving a client need that they were otherwise going to pay $30 per month to solve with a hosted service, so at only $25 for the license, it is a BARGAIN.
Secondly, it does exactly what we need it to do. Having multiple resource capability and with each resource having it own unique timeslots allows us to run multiple office locations from the same site and the same component. And the integration with JCal pro means that the office staff can use the weekly and daily views for all of their scheduling activities. What an incredibly inexpensive way to convert to a completely online scheduling system!
Third, the backend interface on this component is about the best I have ever used. It is very organized and easy to use. Yet at the same time, it is highly customizable with many configuration parameters.
Lastly, I have emailed the developer, Rob Stevens, on several occasions. Wow, this guy is seriously smart - he finds very simply but effective ways to solve problems. And he communicates very clearly and is quick to respond to my questions.
My sincere thanks to Rob for creating such a great component! This is sure to be of great value to the Joomla community!
How else can you generate a dynamic link that can adjust to changing locations and domain names? This is it! With TitleLink, I can set up all of my internal links at the development site and they still work when we move servers or transfer domain names. And if I move the section or category for an article later on, then the link still works.
Plus, the developer, Tobias, is the best. I contacted him with a problem I was experiencing with V3.0.5 in J1.5.x sites, and he replied IMMEDIATELY and worked with me to find a solution. And this is a FREE extension!! I WISH I could get this kind of support from some of the commercial extensions that I am using!
(By the way, if you had a problem using TitleLink in your Joomla 1.5 site, please try again using version 3.0.6. You will not regret it.)
A couple of keys that I learned the hard way:
1. The kml filename must be all lower case. For example, 'map1.kml' NOT 'Map1.kml'.
2. The admin must remember that the default lon and lat settings and zoom level in the plugin attributes define the starting view. So if we have a zoomed-in starting point in Europe, then it will appear as though our US map is not functioning properly. So since most of my maps are US-based, I set my attributes to be midwest US zoomed way out. Then I am using the 'zoom='x'|' command within the mosmap tag to zoom in within the content article.
3. Installers must remember to modify the template html as described in the wiki, otherwise we lose functionality in IE.
I also eventually figured out that we can simply use Docman to upload the kml files. This keeps it simple for the site owners who may not have that much tech expertise. The only trick then is to use the mosmap path kml=http://www.sitename.com/docs/filename.kml. Very simple.
Also, Mike Reumer emailed me with some help within 48 hours of my initial inquiry. Thanks Mike!
Definitely I recommend this plugin. Just be patient and use the many Joomla community resources that are available. You will figure it out and have no regrets!