A few suggestions:
- Allow managing comments in admin panel (if this can't be done already; this would include amanging reports and whatnot)
- Approval system (for people who don't want to just allow comments to directly show up)
- Maybe assign moderators (if there isn't a way to do that already)
- Reporting system
- Akismet integration (along with being able to check all comments marked as spam, etc, along with marking them not as spam (ham), or marking ones not found as spam; this would also allow us to not need reCaptcha!)
- improvements on the css theme. I have to admit it doesn't look that bad to begin with, but especially the threaded part I think should be improved. You could use ideas from the disqus and JAComment themes. Their's are really nice.
Thanks for all the work on a nice system! :)
I only have some minor annoyances.. The CAPTCHA section of the registration displays a title "Form validation" (or the legend html tag), which I think looks really bad. I removed it from my form and it looks much better!
Next, still regarding the visual stuff, if the dl, dt, and dd html tags could be removed from the form, it would left align the CAPTCHA, and it would look really really good. (Don't know if that's possible with the JForm API (or at least on the registration page)?)
I also see there's also some interesting mailhide code in your plugin. I bet you might be thinking about a future mailhide feature release. Cool! :)
Bottom line: It works, it's free, it's worthit to use! Thanks so much for developing this plugin! :)