Just some things
1. it will be nice to be able to hide it from "category view" .I mean when you view a category there is a list of included articles and their intro text.
3.Exclude cat/sec/article ID is not working to me. the plugin is everywhere ... even to sections/category descriptions
2. when set to align right .... there is 50px offset ... this may be a conflict with an other content plugin .. not sure
First of all i want to talk about the excellent support! The developer is open to new suggestions and he is a hard worker when dealing up with bugs etc.
Now about the component it is really hard to believe that is free! It is stable as rock, it is very cool looking and it offers so many features that are taking commenting to an other level.
A big plus is that
..you can use the avatars from all the well known forum/community systems with no hacks and without to waste your time.
..members can use the "new comment" notifier to subscribe to followup messages
..and you can make it work almost to anywhere thanks to the excellent integration with many major components!
Generally there are many more to mention like AJAX, re-sizable comment area, characters counter etc etc
set it up in 5 minutes
Imported the comments from yvcomment in some seconds and from that time everything is running flawless !
So this is the end of my very honest review!
5/5 and a big thank to the developer/translators and anyone who is involved with this project!
Installed and have it running in 3 minutes!
Very easy to use and understand and many options that will help everyone to customize it to his needs!
Also the easy integration with jcomments is a big +
However some things could make it even more powerful !!
what im missing..
1. I think there should be a "report download" link
2. An integrated "voting system" for the downloads
3. when using it with jcomments and viewing a list of downloads in subcategory view, it will be nice to have a "number of comments" notice..
download 1 (## number of comments)
download 2 (## number of comments)
4. An option for the uploaders to be able to update/delete their uploads ... and also to be able to view all of their uploaded files.
5. A "sort by" option for the frontend (subcategory view)
sort downloads by ...
Again maybe some things missing but this is a great component anyway, and is recommended to everybody :)
Thank you very much again!
thanks for your voting.
In version 1.6 we added from your missing list point 1-3.
There was many bugs but it is getting better day by day!
Now i have to say only good words!
The only thing is missing is a PM system or an integration option with an existing like uddeim
I little more try and it will be a great fireboard alternative!