The sprite generator did not work well for me on my site. It only found a single image and that image ended up having black artefacts in it.
A feature I would like to see added is a "Development" mode that shows you what actions were taken, what the compression values were including percentage saving. The JFinalizer plugin has this capability and it is really easy to tell whether things are working and what they are doing.
I was looking for a simple way to integrate my photos into Joomla and this is it. Very nice. Before moving to J! I had a PHP script that scanned a directory creating a sumary page of all the folders it contained and then the thumbnail view was of all the images it contained. This meant all I had to do was upload my images and I was done. This extension is as close to that as I could find.
I did notice a few bugs though with 1.1.0:
- Under IE the thumbnail view has both horizontal and vertical scrollbars which should not be there. Firefox does not exibit this behaviour:
- As already posted the popup lightbox viewer also has scroll bars under IE where it shouldnt.
Feature Requests ;-):
- Ability to set the pixel size (height and width) of the thumb nails
- Ability to specify the number of columns in the thumbnail view
- Ability to show EXIF data from images either as a mouse over (thumbnail) or with the image (thumbnail, full size)
- Ability to invoke the thumbnail generation explicitly
- Ability to download and/or email the full sized original image
- Some form of client side application that would allow you to do category creation, file upload, gallery add without having to do it manually through the J! web interface (Do you have an API document somewhere?)
Thank you for your tips.
- Ability to set the pixel size (height and width) of the thumb nails - this can be complicated because after doing changes, every thumbnails (e.g. 1000 photos) must be resized
- Ability to download and/or email the full sized original image - in version 1.1.2, there is a ability to download images with some image information
There is no API. Any help will be appreciated (How to do API from comments, help with English language while writing comments)