The component installs just fine on my Joomla Linux site. And it makes a complete backup which downloads and appears to unpack just fine on the PC. But I can never get past Step 1 of the installation on the PC. After confirming the database name, localhost designation, log-in name, password, etc., pressing the "Next" button causes the install to just hang. I've tried a complete new install twice. Same reaction both times. And each time I let the attempted install run for at least an hour before giving up. The thing just sits there and spins and spins. The tables appear to be loaded into the database (I used phpMyAdmin to confirm this after each attempt), but the installation never proceeds or ends successfully.
Too bad. I've spent about 5 hours tonight struggling with this thing. My wife is giving me nasty looks because I've been working on this instead of watching TV with her. I guess I'll have to give up for the night and try another utility tomorrow. Sad to have to toss this one out.
The designation of this application as an "editor's pick" and "hot" so early in the game makes me question the credibility of those designations. I really think a major component (or module or bot) like an editor needs to be out for several months and proven its worthiness before it is given those designations. One has to suspect that the author's friends are writing the positive reviews without spending a lot of time with the product.