In the backend of Joomla i can pick any user and assign them to a group level. It can even be a Special group that i created.
This special group can have access to multiple levels
For example i can create a group called "Special Access"
and set this group to match the access of
Registered , Author, Manager.
All at the same time
or any other configuration i choose. Then just assign specific users to this group so why do we need this tool?
Please read this FAQ:
1. so you can set rights on groups instead of levels.
2. so you can reverse rights (selection has NO access)
3. Because in Joomla you can still only assign access to only ONE accesslevel per article/module/menu-item/etc. not multiple. You can create custom accesslevels, sure, but its a nightmare for schools and universities where the users are students and the groups are the courses they take. If there are 20 courses and each student takes on avarage 5 courses you need to make access-levels for EACH COMBINATION of groups. 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 etc. 2-3, 2-4, 2-5 etc. 1-2-3, 1-2-4, 1-2-5 etc. You get the picture, that is 100+ accesslevels, that is totally unworkable. And you would still need double content, which is a nightmare for administrators and users.
In Access-Manager you can set access to as many groups (or levels) as you like. So in the above case you would need only 20 groups.
4. To do ACL stuff that is not in the Joomla core (yet).
5. Access-Manager can set custom actions if the user has no access.
6. Joomla usergroups ALWAYS inherit rights, which can be a pain in the rear, in Access-Manager groups don't inherit, so you are in control.
Its almost at the top of the list and i found out i needed to run it past this tool.
Lucky i did because i was missing ONE file.
All that time i have been waiting would have been started all over again.
And to boot. the file i submitted is something everyone around here has been asking for, for about a year now.
the only drawback for me is the templates it uses to display the moonth, week, day, style views.
Personally i would like them to work like a module and display CSS according to the skin or template of the site but otherwise
this is a really REALLY REALLY good peice of work.
I needed something that would allow me to add events quickly,
And so far this does the trick.
There is however ONE issue i didnt contact the owner about.
"If you create an event CATEGORY, and the name of the cat is too long, it gets cutoff at the base of the column in the BY MONTH view.
I am currently going to test more this compoments use on another site.
I have one site gaining 5 million hits a month
and until this is a bit more adept for that use, ill use it on a lesser site
i dont get much of an error either
Personally i would me MORE than happy to pay for the full version IF i could ever get a demo version installed
Please send us an email to info[at]... and we will help you.
It works great and REALLY gives something to your users to do.
I am using mine with the PING.fm settings enabled, and its working just fine ( now )
There were a few problems in the begining before the release was placed here on Joomla but thats all taken care of now.
The developer was really great in helping to solve the problems ( on my end )
It integrates activity perfectly to my activity stream and also works well if you are using the
TABS ON PROFILE
plugin for JomSocial too.
Good work mate
i tested it out very briefly on my site lastnight
(As well as your HIDER plugin)
and it seems like its really going to work perfectly for me.
Ill be setting up a pretty extensive show with it so i guess ill have a pretty good testing going on.
If theres any way i can help test it on a hosted site please let me know.
i dont want to leave my website link and plug myself here so if you want
you can go directly to the joomla forums and get me there
username is antifmradio
check your user database because i recently registered on your site with username LIQID