After the initial installation on Joomla 1.7.3 with Kunena 1.7.1, it didn't appear to help, until I figured out that the plugin's access level was not set to public.
Once I changed the plugin's access level to public, it worked like a charm.
Thank you very much for this wonderful piece of software.
Thank you very much for the review.
That is something I have to fix for next version. So the plugin is public after installation.
I submitted a helpdesk ticket in this regard, expecting to wait at least a few hours for a reply. Lo and behold, literally four minutes later Matej responded with my license key and my site was fully functional again.
This goes beyond customer satisfaction. I'd call it customer delight.