Installation was simple using the admin interface. It installs a component and new menu items available for use in your menus. At first this looked like something that would meet my needs. After evaluating it however, I found it only met it partially. Still, the component is pretty good.
The item page allows you to set up one individual item, which is pretty cool. I only found one bug in this, in that it always tried to link to the content on the Amazon.de site no matter how I set the options in the back end. Beyond that, it was a good display of the product, including Amazon reviews.
The Index item page didn't do what I wanted it to, which was create a list of items I had made pages of. It's possible I was doing something wrong but I did read the documentation available on their web site. Instead, it looked like this page was meant to be triggered mostly from keywords that would perform a search on Amazon and return results. That's probably fine if you don't care about exactly what products are listed.
The extension seemed to work just fine and as advertised. It was easy to install and easy to uninstall.
I know it can be hard for new extensions to get a start. Although it didn't do exactly what I was looking for, it may work well for others. Give it a try.