This extension started on the wrong direction. How can it be a good extension then?
Well, it can be a good extension if it's useful, well written, and well supported:) Actually, a component was briefly considered, but didn't seem to give much, if any, advantage for the increased complexity. There was little reason to create an entire management component when the existing article infrastructure works perfectly for this. This may change as features are added, but currently there is nothing that requires a component. sdMacros is still in beta and I'm open to suggestions. If you see advantages to having a component, I would appreciate you posting them in the support forum. sdMacros has proven very useful on several of our websites and I suspect it will prove useful on others' sites as well.
Thanks to the author.
Thank you very much for your review. A installable english-translation is available on the download site. A copy button works well only with IE, other browsers have too many restrictions.
I will think about your second suggestion.
I hope it can allow register with only two files: username and email, then generate random strong password and send it to the user's email address.
Hope the author will improve it soon. Thanks.
I found a small bug in the config.xml file which caused that error. I didnt notice because if you go to the component parameters backend and save the config one time the problem is gone. But anyway thanks for pointing this out to me. I have fixed it! Next time try posting a message in the forum before giving a review ;)
If this module has a pre-set and unchangeable size, why not tell us which size should the images have? So that we can upload the images in the most suitable size.
Another problem is, though I set it to show 6 images, there are always 4 images: left, center, right and behind center. Yes, it can play those 6 images one after one, but why I can't count 6 on the Carousel?
The only regret is, it can support lightbox plugin integration but only supports those commercial lightbox plugins from the same author. I hope you can add support to other FREE lightbox plugins too, such as Shadowbox Media Viewer plugin and NinjaShadowbox module.
In my test, the worse is, the Lightbox in their Demo does NOT pop-up at all. There is NO option for Lightbox in parameters either.
Thank you for your reviews! We are glad you like it! We`ll correct soon the lightbox functions and let you know about it.
However, the problem is, Chinese font files are always very big (there is a font file 18MB), it is very difficult to install Chinese fonts via Upload&Install method. Hope the author will add "install from folder/URL" methods, just like the Joomla Installer.
1. The v1.2.4 package can't install the module and plugin at the same time though the author had packed them along with the component in a single package file.
2. In my test, I used 1024*768 size images, and finally they appear in the article in the size of 400*200, which means, my images were squeezed and lost dimension ratio. This is very ugly! Hope it can keep the width/height ratio when resize.
The dimention 400x200 is default, you need to set this up.
For the component - when you creat a menu item.
For module - when you add a new module.
For Plugin the dimention is second and third parameters.
However, there are still many things to be improved:
1. There is NO "email copy" feature which is offered in the Joomla default contact component.
2. Please add support for JoomlaXi Captcha plugin to avoid spam messages.
3. The marker will show the "contact image" again in the bubble. It is useless. I hope the "Marker" feature will allow the webmaster to define several places/locations, each with their own photo, like the building entrance, then these marker will all be shown on the map. For example: Air port, railway station, subway station, and your office. Then visitor can easily choose the places to find the directions/routes.
In these last versions, ContactMap has new features :
display the marker or photo contact.
display all your contact on a map and send them a email when you click on his marker.
1. Auto scan the defined directory and list all mp3 files there.
2. Play in a pop-up so if you browse through pages it will continue to play
1. Can't show my Chinese ID3 tag correctly. My ID3 tag was entered as UTF-8 encoding and can be properly read by Foobar2000 player.
2. One of my mp3 file can'be played though Foobar2000 can play it with NO problem.
Thank you for your report. Please send a sample of the song in Chinese, we do make changes to the module.
However, I just tested it and it can't work on my website. Maybe it only supports the Joomla core SEF, but can't work with AceSEF which I am running to generate SEF URLs.
Hope the author will improve this plugin.
This plugin only works with Joomla! core SEF. If you want this functionality to be included in AceSEF, than that's a feature request for AceSEF, not this plugin. Third party extensions like AceSEF add their own logic to Joomla!, which means that our whole plugin needs to be rewritten (and probably called AceSEF Test plugin). That's outside of the scope of this plugin.
I think Encrypt Configuration need a new option: Exclude certain component (such as XIJC) or exclude specific forms. Maybe both.
Another thing I would like to see being changed is that Encrypt Configuration has NO language file. I hope the author will add multi-language support in next version.
Change the plugin order setting Encryption plugin before the captcha plugin.
Multi-language support is promissed.