This is a great idea to create internal links. However, I am thinking of another better usage: I can use it to turn the article system into a Wiki.
Two things need to be improved:
1. If I enabled "auto create link", then, on the "submit article" form, the "title" should be automatically filled (or just hidden to prevent manual input), because the Article Title HAD been specified in the syntax code.
2. If I disable "auto create link" feature, the text is showing up as Bold style. However, I think they should be just plain text.
2. Why should the user input the path and URL for CAPTCHA? I think the CAPTCHA should work out-of-box! Could you please use relative path for it and then you can hide this parameter by using /cache folder by default?
3. The language selector should have an option to detect site language setting or the client browser language.
4. Fields labels should be translatable in language file, NOT to manually set in parameters.
Not sure what is meant by #1. As for #2, it was a conscious decision not to have the module create a CAPTCHA directory. It's too dangerous to have the module write files to some arbitrary place on the host web server! Much better to let the administrator make a conscious decision where to create the CAPTCHAs. The latest version displays an error message with a "suggested" CAPTCHA directory and URL. As for #3 and #4 I agree with baijianpeng. You will note that it is on my "todo list". I most likely won't get to it in the version for Joomla 1.5, but will add that capability in when the version for Joomla 1.6 is released (most likely not until January of 2011).
This extension started on the wrong direction. How can it be a good extension then?
Well, it can be a good extension if it's useful, well written, and well supported:) Actually, a component was briefly considered, but didn't seem to give much, if any, advantage for the increased complexity. There was little reason to create an entire management component when the existing article infrastructure works perfectly for this. This may change as features are added, but currently there is nothing that requires a component. sdMacros is still in beta and I'm open to suggestions. If you see advantages to having a component, I would appreciate you posting them in the support forum. sdMacros has proven very useful on several of our websites and I suspect it will prove useful on others' sites as well.
Thanks to the author.
Thank you very much for your review. A installable english-translation is available on the download site. A copy button works well only with IE, other browsers have too many restrictions.
I will think about your second suggestion.
I hope it can allow register with only two files: username and email, then generate random strong password and send it to the user's email address.
Hope the author will improve it soon. Thanks.
I found a small bug in the config.xml file which caused that error. I didnt notice because if you go to the component parameters backend and save the config one time the problem is gone. But anyway thanks for pointing this out to me. I have fixed it! Next time try posting a message in the forum before giving a review ;)
If this module has a pre-set and unchangeable size, why not tell us which size should the images have? So that we can upload the images in the most suitable size.
Another problem is, though I set it to show 6 images, there are always 4 images: left, center, right and behind center. Yes, it can play those 6 images one after one, but why I can't count 6 on the Carousel?
The only regret is, it can support lightbox plugin integration but only supports those commercial lightbox plugins from the same author. I hope you can add support to other FREE lightbox plugins too, such as Shadowbox Media Viewer plugin and NinjaShadowbox module.
In my test, the worse is, the Lightbox in their Demo does NOT pop-up at all. There is NO option for Lightbox in parameters either.
Thank you for your reviews! We are glad you like it! We`ll correct soon the lightbox functions and let you know about it.
However, the problem is, Chinese font files are always very big (there is a font file 18MB), it is very difficult to install Chinese fonts via Upload&Install method. Hope the author will add "install from folder/URL" methods, just like the Joomla Installer.
1. The v1.2.4 package can't install the module and plugin at the same time though the author had packed them along with the component in a single package file.
2. In my test, I used 1024*768 size images, and finally they appear in the article in the size of 400*200, which means, my images were squeezed and lost dimension ratio. This is very ugly! Hope it can keep the width/height ratio when resize.
The dimention 400x200 is default, you need to set this up.
For the component - when you creat a menu item.
For module - when you add a new module.
For Plugin the dimention is second and third parameters.