Can you imagine the confusion that causes when 20 people all receive a second confirmation when only one or two requested it? DT Register's response was "sorry, we'll try to get to that in a future release but in the meantime we have no idea how you can work around it."
Ended up having to manually re-register those attendees (generated a different bar-code) which screwed up our reporting.
As if that wasn't bad enough, the day before the event, when registration activity was at its peak, we stumbled upon the fact that many registrations were being processed by Paypal but NOT SHOWING UP AT ALL IN DT REGISTER. Not even as "Pending." So, even though people had entered their information into DT Register BEFORE being connected to Paypal, there was no record of the transaction in DT Register. Even worse was that my support ticket with DT Register that ended with the phrase PLEASE HELP!!! is still unanswered after more than 2 days.
This is a great product, but these flaws are simply unacceptable.
This customer had 2 tickets opened at the same time. One for his email issue and the other for the registration issue. We were working with him on the email issue and he didn't like the answer that it hadn't been an issue for other customers. The other ticket was being worked on and we did respond after we found the issue. We will be adding the email selection of members of a group down the road but he was the first to ask for this. Perhaps he may want to look at why some members didn't get emails. Commonly, email providers will filter emails going to certain domains and therefore whitelist rules need to be added. It would most likely have ensured all registrants received their confirmation emails in the first place.
I also wasn't able to get the email notification to work.
I undertand the reason for wanting users to upgrade to the paid version and would gladly have done so, but since I couldn't test any of the advanced features first, and the poor design of the screens made me wonder whether the Pro version would be any better, I decided to use a different extension instead.