I installed JoomGalaxy without issues and set it up.
It had a few things which didn't work how I liked them but worked well. I logged a support call and the issues were fixed very quickly. I'm very impressed with the service so far.
And it has a huge range of customisation options.
This allows me to make these pages in a much quicker manor.
And if I want to make a change to the landing page, I can now just change the 1 master snippet, instead of all my landing pages.
I bought their player around 4 months ago. The presales support was great, lots of info and communication. However, after I paid my money, I found an issue with JS errors in IE8 (they only occur after refreshing the browser or leaving a page with a video on it).
I logged a ticket on August 16th 2010, explaining the problem. Obviously I can’t paste in all the text from my various chases but at various intervals (I normally gave them 2 weeks to at least give me an update), I chased and the normal reply was “Sorry for the delay.We are checking this.We will fix soon and update you.” followed by nothing for weeks.
This went on for months, where the only solution they did offer was an update to the module which actually made things worse! Not only did their update not fix the JS errors but it also put a space/gap at the top of the module where the title would have been (I had disabled displaying titles, so it should have collapsed that area).
After more chases and no answers, I finally lost patience and demanded it to be escalated to their senior dev. After another couple of “we’ll get back to you soon” replies, they came back to me (October 23rd 2010) saying it was my site, not their module!
I had to prove it was their module by setting it up on my dev site. If I disabled their module the JS stopped occurring. If I re-enabled their module, the JS errors started again.
After this, they seemed to accept it was their module and came back with another update to their module on October 25th 2010. Due to the problems with them before, I thought I better try it on my dev site first. Lucky I did, this updated module had the same issues as their previous update (didn’t fix JS errors and space at top) but also had a new issue. This time, it changed the page to the name of the video! This would have ruined my SEO.
They did offer to log into my site and try to fix but after all these mistakes, there’s no way I could let them in. I couldn’t risk them breaking something else.
I’ve finally uninstalled their components/module and I’m using another FLV player (with no JS errors). I’ve asked for a refund (on October 29th 2010) but they’ve gone completely silent now.
Anyway, I hope this review stops some others making the same mistake as I did.
As you see the reviews from the other customers, we always give top priority even for after sales. On your case I see that my guys regularly update the status of the issue but there was a delay at the end since they were on the on the long festival holidays here in Diwali. When they back from the holiday they responded to your ticket on your request.
We will make sure to avoid the delay in response to all of our customers by monitoring the ticketing system closely. I would still like to resolve your issue if you are interested. My sincere apologize for the delay.
Thank you for understanding.
I've tried quite a few commenting systems for Joomla but this one is simply, by far, the best one around.
Easy to use, lots of features and most importantly, the support is GREAT.
I had an urgent issue with site going live and 'smart' the main man there, helped me out really quickly to solve the problem (which was with another extension).
Thanks again Smart / JComments.