It seems that beta is working well! I was so positively surprised. I installed (as mentioned in the article) 1.5.3-beta4.41 in my Joomla 1.5.15 and exported 1532 articles (part after part, every part 100 articles - size limits!) to XML. Next I installed 1.6.0-beta4.40 in my J1.6 and imported file after file. Please don't forget to activate J2XML plugin. Result: impresive! got 1532 and have 1382 records in Joomla 1.6! Probably some articles are missing by my mistae of uploading files. Article status are fine, all images in place. I needed to create images/stories directory and copy all pictures from J1.5 ... still in shock! I can't wait for stable version! Great solution for re-building J.1.5 into 1.6 !!!