The Joomla! Extensions Directory ™


bycoxtang, September 10, 2010
1) it spent me a couple of time in the installation process due to the fact that the installation file exceeded the default limit of 2M of the hosting server. I searched through the forum, and found out such issue, and then I need to unzip the file and upload to the server manually and then run the installation manually. --- Not user-friendly.
2) the issue of displaying ?????? for Chinese characters made me drop using VirtueMart. (while the chinese character showing correctly in my joomla, the ?????? just happened in VM, both front end and back end) I search through the forum and tried all the solutions suggested, but finally, still, the problem couldn't solve, therefore, I dropped the programme. I tried installing the language packs, I tried changing the character set to utf-8 in the language files, I tried creating a config.web under the web directory that suggested by an user in forum, I tried creating a .htaccess file and I tried adding a mysql script in a suggested file to force the sql to record in utf-8 .... but all I tried were useless, it couldn't record correctly my shop name in Chinese character ..... it spent me a week to find solution and to do trials.... but finally I dropped the programme.