You can find the contact info in plugin header as usual. As for your request, this plugin uses standard Joomla messaging, and looks like Zoo doesn't. So...
As for their support, I had a few issues with our site, mainly because our client had very specific requests. The changes required extensive code modifications, all of which were quickly attended to by their support staff in the forums. Vinny is the man! Thanks a bunch guys, you really helped us out.
To everyone struggling with the Google XML/HTML dilemma here is the solution:
- install the component
- Enable it's content plugin
- Create a XMAP new menu item
- Visit that URL with SEF's turned OFF
- replace the 'html' part of the url string with 'xml... for example:
You will see the xml generated sitemap
- Submit this url to google webmaster tools.
If you have further problems with your ACESef or SH404SEF I recommend to simply disable the component for Xmap (option in sef configuration). This enables you to have nice sef's throughout the site while still letting Xmap work fine.
Only (slight) bug I noticed is that when adding a module style (eg style-box) to the joomla module the classes on the page pick up and append the style to the classes provided by the module. It's not a big deal, it just means going into the modules css and changing the classes to match. It may be my template uniquely causing this behavior or a minor bug. I though posting this might help people having issues with their template's styles.
This is by far the prettiest weather module on the JED. I'm very impressed by it's functionality and the way it fits into my site. The three day forecast could be restrictive for some but it's perfect for my needs. Great job Shape 5.
THE NOT SO GOOD
Ok, so this extension drove me mad for a while as the module title came up but no weather info, the code was there just no execution... sound familiar? You should also know that I successfully got this working perfectly for an Australian location, so here's some trouble shooting tips.
1. The tutorial for using another countries Yahoo weather station code is out of date. check the support forum for updated instructions here: http://www.shape5.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,75/topic,4085.0/
2. After doing this mine still didn't work but after some sleuthing I found that it may be a php permissions error on my server. Create a php.ini file (just a standard text file) with the following line:
allow_url_fopen = on
(You may also like to duplicate this file and call it php5.ini if you are on Godaddy)
By following these two steps you have correctly configured the module AND allowed it to work on the server (ie access the yahoo data through php).
Neither of these are the developers fault and even after a couple of hours of frustration I still rate the module 5 stars.
Note to developers- it would really help if you updated the demo instructions site and made a note about the f_open php. Cheers!