I learned all the fixes i could have; i have a basic Joomla! installation with a very few but popular components:
Joomla! 1.5.25; CB; Akeeba Backup; Uddeim; etc.
Guy, your component doesn't work. It's easy as this: when i finally get the migration, ony with a few of your releases, it has full of fixes to do and it's simply annoying (and boring).
But, why you don't advise here that the component CHANGES the id's of the articles, doing a nightmare with internal and external links? with comments who now links to different articles?
I'm sure that Joomla! promote this upgrade component because they can't promote a commercial one, but this component works mabye for a blog in Joomla!, or smaller communities, but for sites like mine with more than 2500 articles it's worst than start from the scratch, really -i don't wanna talk about the template issues...-.
I readed all the hints, tricks, tested, in the new recomponent forum of JUpgrade, and i'm very sorry for this review, because i know it's free and you are adding it to help the community, but the real thing today is -i've tested again the x.25 release- that it doesn't work. I'm gonna test the SPUpgrade, and a I recommend everybody don't use this component, just look in the support forum and the joomla! forum with 90% with the SAME unsolved problems.
I'm sorry. But it's my tested review, tired of trying to make it works.