The only issue that I had was that the website was not in English and it took some time to locate the download link. The clicking was definitely worth it.
Thank you for your feedback. Signed headlines and links for downloading in English
- I was very disappointed to learn that this would not use my existing Wordpress installation. Instead it installs a new copy of Wordpress and you have to export / import the data.
- Those cool WordPress plugins you have you can expect to NOT work. The company says it is supposed to work, but you may need to edit php code.
- I had to do a great deal of customization of the WP css files to create the look & feel that I wanted.
- This extension does not account for security patches in WordPress and you cannot manually install them. I tried several times to update WordPress to the latest security releases and was forced to reinstall Joomla to correct the problems.
Overall I am greatly disappointed and would be hesitant to recommend this extension to anyone who is not ready to dig their heals in and do some serious work.
We're sorry that you are unhappy with our component and we will address your bulleted issues in order:
1. To believe Wordpress for Joomla is a bridge that interfaces with an external site rather than a version of Wordpress modified to operate as a Joomla component indicates that you have not read the product page or the information on our site regarding the component. The fact "inside" is used on this page as well as several times on the sales page should imply that it does not work with an external site. It is also stated explicitly on our site.
2. Wordpress for Joomla works with about 9 out of 10 plugins available from the Wordpress plugins directory. I see you have created a post in our forum, which we tried to escalate to our ticket system, but you never responded. You cannot provide an accurate rating of our service if you choose not to use it.
3. While many users choose to stick with the default theme of the blog (or the styles provided to Wordpress via the Joomla template), many people choose to change the CSS. As with any component, the amount of CSS work that will have to be done will be proportional to the amount of customization you would like. This is inherent in all Joomla components and is subject to an individual's taste in design.
4. Wordpress for Joomla cannot be modified with code from Wordpress.org because of the modifications made to it. We provide regular releases of the component to keep it secure. Also, a large majority of anything that could be exploited would already be prevented by the integration with Joomla and its sanitizing of incoming data.
If you would like to contact us via our ticket system, forum or phone, we would be happy to assist in any remaining issues.