It's a great component, and their support is great and prompt.
What I do hope to see soon is a plugin that allows Jcomments to work with Docman.
Thanks for your review. Support for JComment and Komento extensions is being added to DOCman 2.0 in the next alpha. We are also looking at adding support to the DOCman 1.x release.
The only think I don't like is that the name of the author, email, and website all appear in one line, which is not so neat.
For some reason "User - Profile" plugin is not saving Arabic "about me" text. But it seems to be a Joomla issue, not from the extension.
Thank you for your review!
Yes, it is problem of the core profile plugin.
Very easy to use, neat, and east to install. This is a must have for any professional site that has more than one author contributing to it.
I have only two suggestions:
1. I hope there will be way to have an author box under the article showing the name, email, description, photo, and link to profile.
2. I also hope that authors are give the access on the front end to edit their data (at least the description).
I do hope this extension is maintained for the coming version of Joomla in the Future. Because I was using another extension(a commercial one!) for my 1.5 and I was shocked that they decided not to produce one for 2.5.
I was hesitant to use it, because it is a new extension, and I was worried that the producers might chance their mind and stop releasing updates. But I do urge them to do, because this really closes a big gap.
Keep up the good work!
I am working on the option to allow authors edit their info from the frontend... soon it should be ready.
It keeps showing a loading icon, but nothing happens.
I'm also not comfortable that a module that does not work knows my Twitter password, I'll change it!
The module is now working and it has been integrated with Oauth .please find the complete demo here
- The documentation is outdated since facebook now has different fields that the ones in the tutorial. I had to figure things out myself. And I'm still unable to get the API. When I hover mu mouse, it tells me to check the site documentation, which says nothing on that!
- It keeps asking me to connect to facebook every time I login to my control panel, which is really tedious.
- Add a way to notify the admin about new comments either via email or via facebook. Or at least add a tab in the front page of the control panel to show the latest comments
- Add a module (on the front-end) that lists the latest comments.
The tackling of labels via labels.txt and having to upload it is somehow tedious. I hope there will be a future way to do that in the same screen while writing the article (maybe add something to the WYSIWYG editor that will facilitate that).
I highly highly recommend it.
I had several hackings lately, and I had to move to a new host, and wanted something that will keep an eye on my site, and I was blessed to find RS Firewall.
It even notifies me when any admin logs in, and from what IP address.
The only thing I wish was that it allows me to prevent certain admins from accessing certain components. Because what it does currently that if you prevent access to a certain component, ypu prevent it from all including yourself, which is impractical.
But all in all, this component is a must-have.