however, the structure of this component and all of the free modules provided by the publisher is simple enough that anyone willing to take the time can have this thing doing back-flips. i've configured joomshopping on my joomla 1.6 site and have been using it successfully to publish a well-styled and search-engine-friendly online catalog. check it out in action here: http://www.sin-sity.com (some nsfw-ish content)
here's what i most enjoy about this product:
- simple, table based layout for everything. it's easy to get a consistent look and feel by adding a few css overrides.
- outstanding administrator interface: every single thing entered on the back-end provides fields for meta title, description and keyword tags. using this component to sell tangible products, videos, software, *anything* is simple to understand.
- related products works like a charm. i just had to modify the css to get my over-size images to display properly in that tab in the administrator interface.
- the language barrier means that there were typos and grammatical errors out of the tin, but nearly every string this product presents is contained in the language file.
- tons of product variant (attribute) flexibility with the ability to add an image to an attribute.
i had this up and running within minutes and have spend hours tuning it. i love the thing. hands down the single most useful and adaptable joomla extension i've encountered, and i've used dozens of the things extensively.
Thank you for your appreciation. We highly recommend you using our latest video player that also supports YouTube and Vimeo videos called YouTube/Vimeo Player from this page: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multimedia/multimedia-players/video-players-a-gallery/16887