No way to set default country, region, state or city
- This necessary for those who wish to run a local, regional or national store and not have their customers wade through a long list of countries, states cities. Even after deleting the list of countries, I still had to select country.
File download system is not practical.
- This only has an upload method of attaching download-able files which poses a problem for users on 2MB upload restricted shared hosting. Needs to show the path to a folder with files uploaded via FTP (Sorta like VM does)
No way to set item to free.
- Keep asking to select payment method though price is 0.00
No single page checkout
- At a time when many online stores have modified to include single page checkout option, Tienda needs to include this a a basic core. It is a fact that 4 page checkout causes cart abandonment.
Archaic attribute system
- The pricing per attribute is either add or subtract to listed price and nothing to equal to exact price so it forces the buyer (just as it did back in 2000 with osc and many griped and sought 'fixes') to calculate all the differences in price. We don't want our buyer to think. Just see exactly what it costs. So if the price is $5.61 and the attribute for large is +1.72 then the buyer can't be bothered and leaves. No cart does this anymore.
No Website Payment Pro (Paypal)
- This is quite popular now and should be in the core as a payment option.
No categories module.
- This I could not figure. A standard list of the cart categories does not exist! Must be a mistake or I just didn't get it. I tested everything included but none displayed the cats in a module position.
No way to disable popup cart screen
- The AJAX popup window can be confusing for senior shoppers who are just used to how Yahoo, Amazon and other top online carts behave and new fandangles get them lost, confused and upset. This should be optional.
If address zip code is left out during guest checkout, the error message still shows 'BILLING ADDRESS ERROR :: City Required' A user needs to know what exactly the error is.
No way to set phone number or other fields to required.
- Would be nice for a shop owner to determine what fields they want to be required and also insert like an 'age' field to deter minors and cover your butt when your items are not for them.
When using SEF the modules assigned to the cart's menu item do not display when buyer is logged in. Don't know why.
The mod_tienda_cart (cart contents) module displays even though 'no' is selected for 'Always display module' I expected it to be hidden until an item was added.
These features may very well be on the list for inclusion so... just an FYI
Thanks for the review, JackRabbit!
These are *exactly* the kinds of feature requests that need to be posted on our project site: http://projects.dioscouri.com
There we accept feature requests, bug reports, and code submissions.
This is nice once the images have been reduced and published. The modules (especially joomimg)are great for teaser display throughout the site and the plugin to in include a gallery image into articles is very useful.
The 'Motion Gallery' beats CPG (Coppermine Photo Gallery) static thumbs. Modal window for detailed image view is to die for. The comment system, BBcode share system, Image rating and image details are just perfect.
The admin... ideal! Well explained (for those who read) and easily tweaked to suit.
Styling is quite simple too (of course with knowledge of)
Unlike CPG, when using FTP upload I expected to be able to FTP large image files to the server then Joom Gallery in combo with ImageMagick or GD2 would resize the images as set in config. Not so! A file at 2mb could not be processed and even with debug on I never got a clear msg of what the problem was. CPG processes any file size once it is on the server. I expect and error when using php upload if php.ini is set to 2mb but FTP should not have this issue. Atleast it doesn't with CPG. Also when I uncheck 'Delete pictures after upload?', Joomgal still deletes the originals.
The category system should be labeled 'Galleries' or 'Albums'. I take pix weekly at events and need to label each week and venue. With CPG I had category then Albums in categories. With JoomGal its just unending categories. I suppose I could just change the label. So no big deal.
But overall I likes. Great job!