Anyway developers should work in this tips to be the best.
- There must be a way to dinamically choose the category where the content is saved. I mean, the user must be allowed to add articles to the category and section he wants (admin choose the selectable ones).
- Also must be a way for the user to choose any other joomla default article field: title, publish date, unpublish date, metadata, etc.
- Every joomla plugin should work. Is this achieved yet? I don´t know
- A lot of field validations are needed. I have never use breezing forms, so I don´t know if using this form more validations are allowed... (numeric, alphabetic, just 3 letters, specific format...)
- There should be something similar to smarty templates to make decisitions on what data is shown and how. For example: what if i want the first letter of the article created is bigger than the rest and blue color?
- Of course it is a must to create a search module (possible a search component needed too to show the results in a blog view). Users can search results selecting the fields of forms. Form2content one is good (results in blog view) but it can´t be search for text fields, you can make it better...
- It will be great to have a calendar module too. This way we could create an article with a beginning date field and an end date one. I know a lot of people is looking for this in order to make full event sites forgiving about event components like eventlist, etc. Please, consider this. I will be happy to pay for this!!
- A complete documentation is a must, above all for the "other tables" manipulation usage.
Although i have point a lot of "issues" you can get better in, I think it is great beginning, in fact with the CRUD of any joomla table you have made something very useful and much more better than form2content, for example, that has still nothing similar.
I whish you the best of lucks for your software and your company. Keep the good work!!
- user based category selection is in the works. Will be done right after the extended ratings that we are currently developing. In fact that is one of the missing things before we will call it "1.0" ;)
- The Joomla! article fields are already available. If you decide to create articles in your views, you will have a "article settings" tab for every record. Depending on the permissions you can either use limited article options or extended ones (the same like in backend).
- Joomla! plugins work! The fun part is that contentbuilder plugins also work in articles ;)
- There are already the most common validations but you can add your own custom ones using php, create custom validation plugins or wait/contact us for new ones that might be interesting.
- Instead of smarty templating (which would be a drastic overhead), you can use the hide-if-empty tag in the content template and/or use the "content prepare" tab, that allows php. There you can alter the output of any field the way you like.
- A nice filter module is planned and will be implemented right after 1.0 is out. For now, please use the filter for list views or use any filter module available for regular content.
- Calendar module copied :)
- Most important aspects to start right away are already covered. There is an update coming for the 0.9 line and we will update the current documentation accordingly.
Thank you for the review and the suggestions, we will keep working hard to make it the tool of your choice!