I followed all the directions, and the "update" process won't even begin. When I sought help on the forum, I got a response that the problem is MooTools, not them (of COURSE), and I should "install" the plugin I'd already mentioned I had activated.
The litany of other complaints below show I am far from alone in my problems with this component.
Don't waste your time! Avoid the migraine! Do a manual migration.
Sad. From the description here it would have been perfect... if I could just see it... or use it....
This plugin will soon be part of a broader suite of extensions improving a site's user interface. It's really simple to use, but currently does not support J1.7. Instructions for J1.5 are written in plain English. And I think our English is just fine...
That said, I do wish I had some easy control of the colors and the order of the list. My OCD needs the categories displayed alphabetically and the link colors to match the template. ;)
I'm looking forward to the next update!
You will have new version next month.
Thanks a lot
My only disappointments are:
1) A fixed size module doesn't play well with a liquid width template. In this day when users have anything from 800x600 to 1920x1200 display, being restricted to a pixel width is frustrating and limiting.
And 2) Although e-bay would like to convince us otherwise, not EVERY sale via their site is an auction. Having only auction-related text (ie: Bid history, Current Bid) hard-coded into the module is distressing to my clients (that was the first thing they noticed, and immediately asked me to fix). I was very glad to be able to change the "Bid Now!" button, hoping more control over the text will be upcoming.
All in all, this module did exactly what I expected with little to no pain on my part. YAY! :)
My only problem was the first time I had installation issues, the support page told me to download and use the .TAR.GZ version of the file. A link to such a version would have been nice. Instead I had to download and install a packing program so *I* could create a .TAR.GZ version. I have no issues per se, however the language of the support page was very misleading since it implied that I could just download the packed file instead of having to unzip and re-pack all the files.
Thanks for the happy customers!