However, if your website contains various external components or specific templates, the migration preformed by jUpgradePro is **useless**. E.g., K2 data is not migrated at all, and there is no easy way to do that.
It is a pity that the Joomla team did not foreseen any migration tool when they revamped Joomla from 1.5 to 2.x. jUpgradePro that they promote as THE solution for this migration is definitely **not*that*solution** for most websites.
But for K2, the migration forgot many elements: component not installed (just the tables are transferred and not completely), categories parameters reset to default values, no media migrated, ...
Same for akeeba backup.
Most of the migration has to be done manually.
- Easy to use
- A lot of configuration
- Slow. The display of a page containing this plugin is really slow, even with few images
- Breaks with facebook Share plugins in the way that the only images visible by the plugins are the navigation images and not gallery images (workaround: add manually an invisible image in the page).
- With these two limitations: too expensive (and no access to forum in free mode thus it is not possible to verify it is just a configuration problem)
Thank you for your honest review.
1. Yes, flash gallery is little slower than normal image presentation, but that’s the little price you pay for stunning presentation. Besides, it’s slow only for the first loading time. After that, flash file will be loaded from browser’s cache and run smoothly.
2. All issue of Free edition can be reported in free section of our forum. The forum is not entirely closed for free users. Anyway, in this JED listing we are talking about PRO edition.
Thanks again for the review.